We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Started of like Day 1 - Day 4. Early coffee on the lanai just enjoing the trade winds and ocean music. I can get used to this everyday.

Decided to go out for breakfast at Ono Family Restaurant...OMG is all I can say I had the tropical pancakes--coconut, macadamias, and banana with the warm coconut syrup, just writing about this makes me want some more. DH had the eggs, spam and fried rice--looked yummy too, DD had pancakes with a side of fried rice and my youngest DD got the ono benedict eggs with a side of fried rice. The servers were very friendly.....lots of aloha. I know

others have posted that waitress can be rude, but we didn't encounter any of that. We just loved it. The fried rice was so good that we took 3 orders to go for dinner later tonight...grilled new york strips and fresh pineapple.

On to the rest of the day......We stopped at some beaches heading bback to the West....couldn't tell you the names of them. We just sat and watch the rough waves and the breezes---I could have just sat there all day with a good book, but DD's and DH wanted to see Wailua Falls. Off we went to find the falls. The falls were beautiful. We took pictures, stayed their a bit talking to the locals that were selling some goods, they were very friendly even though we didn't buy any of their goods.

Quick stop at our condo (Kuhio Shores) to drop off the rice and pickup our suits. Off we headed to the West side of Kauai. 1st stop there Glass Beach........we were expecting to see a glistening beach full of glass, there was glass and the sand looks black and the crashing waves made it worth it. DD's picked up some small pieces, we took pictures of them and then threw back at the surf. On the way out we saw Kauai Chocolate.....STOP we yell to DH/DF we need chocolate......and chocolate we got....I got the Ophis(?SP?) little shortbeards with caramel and a mac nut covered in chocolate...so ONOLICIOUS, DD's got the choco bars with caramel, peanut butter and toffe, DH got the pina colada bar.

We got xtras for the condo BUT they didn't make it out of the car.

Salt Pond Beach, beautiful beach with a protected area that made swimming possible. Honestlly I have't been able to find any beaches that I don't like. Spent some time here, girls got anxious to go so we pile in the car and contiue our quest to find more beaches. STOP....Jo Jo's shaved ice got to have some. The shaved ice was just what we needed. DH and I got the tropical with the mac nut icecream and mango, lillikoi and guava...ah heavenly. DD's got some crazy combonation.

Everyone is happy and content, off we go to Polihale Beach to watch the sunset. After a bumpy ride we arrive to the beach.

Another awe inspring beach. The start of the Napali Coast, the edge of the cliff in the ocean, the colors of the water, the softness of the sand, the trade winds.......we were in paradise. Set up a little area for us to enjoy the sunset, we had about 1 1/12 hours to go. We walked for a while letting the surf wet our feet, taking pictures and before you know it the sun begins its dance of disappearing into the gorgeous ocean. This was one of the most beautiful sunsets we've ever seen.

About and 1 later we're at home grilling our steaks, warming up our rice, and enjoying it all on our lanai with a great glass of wine.

Truly another amazing day..........will I be able to leave this paradise? I have to tommorow is our last day.....hopefully we can do some snorkeling at Lawai beach with some turtles then off to the airport for the start of our 2nd leg The Big Isand.

Thank you all for helping me get ready for this vacation. We came with so much excitment, we loved everything we did. Definitely we will return ............We got bitten big time, Kauai.

I will post day 6 either tonight or tommorow morning . Love this part of my postings. I'm working on posting pictures I will let you all know.

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Sounds like a perfect day!!

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
459 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Great report! Nice that your family gets along so well. Enjoy!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Wow, I feel like I'm right there with you! Love Ono breakfast and yes, their fried rice is the BEST I've ever had. I'll bet it went perfect with those steaks! I'll be sorry to see you leave Kaua‘i, but I hope you enjoy the BI - we did, but Kaua‘i has our hearts.

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 13 July 2012, 20:29
Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Trixi, we do have our moments. 3 girls out number dad, so we' ve had some disagreements but who wants to fight on such a beautiful island.

3 Chihuahuas, I think the fried rice was better with our steaks, maybe the flavors intensify more when refrigerated and then warmed..........who knows it just might be the ambience of eating on the lanai listening to the ocean. All I know it tasted better to me and DH.......the girls just look at us like we're insane. Come to think of it everything taste better in Kauai.

Staples, Minnesota
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Ok, you convinced me...we will definitely try Ono Restaurant for breakfast. Ten weeks is going to be a long wait.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,202 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Lovely update, looking forward to reading about day 6 and seeing photos.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Enjoyed your update. I'll be on Kauai next week and I've been so busy getting ready I've hardly had time to get excited. Your report got the excitement going! Thank you...

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
468 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Yay! I love reading of your adventures on the other side of the island!

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Great trip report, I've not eaten at onos but my family does say everything tastes better in Hawaii. Looking forward to your other trip reports.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,212 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 5.......just as amazing as Day 1

Have really enjoyed your reports. Thanks.