We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 4- Beach Time

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day 4- Beach Time

Woke up to a beautiful sunny day. Got up by 7 (awake since 5) and off to my morning walk.

To my surprise everyone was up and getting ready by the time I returned.

Drove to Hanalei for breakfast at the Wake-up Cafe. Mmmm so delicious. I had the egg quesadilla and everyone else had the Hang Ten.

After breakfast we drove to Hanalei Bay where we walked on the pier to see the Voyeger boat which will be cruising from the Islands to the Panama Canal. (that's what we were told). Water was so calm, no waves like we saw last year in May. As a matter of fact, this is we're my kids took their surfing lessons and today flat as a pancake.

Drove to Tunnels Beach and enjoyed the beach for about 1-2hrs. Kids went snorkeling while BF and I soaked up the sun.

After our beach time we drove back to Hanalei town and looked around a little. Mmmm shaved ice and coconut-pineapple icecream break.

Remembered that we wanted to try the wild boar from Anahola so drive straight to the farmers market, no wild boar today, kids were so disappointed. Chicken was delicious though. Got a few veggies and a pineapple for dessert later.

BF was tired and wanted to relax at the condo (couch potatoe) so we had him drop us off at St Regis entrance so we could hike down to Hideaway Beach.

Boy were my legs killing me when we got to the bottom. Thought I was going to get a cramp on my thigh. Yes I admit, I'm out of shape.

What a beautiful beach this is. Loved it a lot.

Kids snorkeled will I just took in the beauty of it.

After a few hours kids were tired so we started to head up. OMG, here I thought going up was going to be easier, I wanted to die..... Lol...

Made it to the top with fire in my throat and nothing to drink. Called BF to pick us up and headed to Foodland in Princevile to get a few more things for our BBQ dinner.

Boneless ribs, grilled shrimp and steak (for BF) for dinner. Pineapple for dessert and MaiTais at the pool.

To our surprise, the condo had a MaiTai and live music evening in the pool area. I can't say no to MaiTais, right?

We ended the evening great with such great songs and great company.

Showered and in bed by 10pm.

Woke up to rain and more rain this morning but looks like its clearing up.......

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

Sounds like this vacation is doing you good. Looking forward to more reports.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

Sounds like my kind of day. Thanks for sharing.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
805 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

Wow - You slept in till 5?? The roosters must be on vacation too...... ;)

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

Thats the Type of Day I have dreams about this coming Sept, Thanks for Sharing

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
658 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

Awesome, I am so glad you went after all.

6. Re: Day 4- Beach Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 05:17