We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of vow renewal

california
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cost of vow renewal

I am tossing the idea of surprising my husband with a simple, super simple vow renewal next year. No cake, no music, no photographers, no others besides us...maybe a flower lei...

I just PM'd hula4me (I think that's her name!), waiting on a response.

My real question here is what does something like this cost? I have tried to look at past threads but all I ever see is $ symbols, no actual amounts! Does anyone know (((about))) how much something like this (vows on a beach) costs?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of vow renewal

Free....write your own vows, exchange them at sunset on the beach.

That is what we did and the memory was priceless.

Lake Ozark, Missouri
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of vow renewal

We did this last year . Whatever we spent was worth it. Julie does a SUPER job.

But I believe it was $300 plus photographer.

You can't use our " spot" though ;-)

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of vow renewal

Agree. Julie was awesome.

california
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of vow renewal

Funny, it didn't even dawn on me to just write and exchange our own. I would want to surprise him though if I do this and if that's the case I'll be the only one writing and reading anything.

$300 isn't bad, especially since that includes a photographer!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of vow renewal

Haha - pblancha - you may think you are joking when you say nobody can use "your" spot - but it's actually true now! The resort association has bulldozed the area around "your" spot and It doesn't have that same feel, so I don't offer it as a choice anymore. Hopefully they will plant something there and it will again be beautiful! There are other spots nearby though, that are fantastic as well!

The spot where the Milkmakers renewed their vows (at Shipwreck Beach) is marked by a heart made of lava stones. How about that! ;-)

In any case, I answered honeymooner09's PM and so she has her answer as to the cost, which can be anywhere between $250-$350 depending on details. Have fun planning your surprise, if you decide to go through with it. Otherwise, BrightonBill's idea is a romantic one too!

Mentioned in this post
Shipwreck Beach
Shipwreck Beach
953 Reviews
Kauai, HI
california
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of vow renewal

Thank you! I just saw your PM. If we do this, or I rather, I am leaning toward is Puu Poa. The 2nd leg of our vacation we will be at the Hanalei Bay Resort and the beach looks beautiful.

Do you do renewals from the north shore?

Mentioned in this post
Puu Poa Beach
Puu Poa Beach
58 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Hanalei Bay Resort
Hanalei Bay Resort
1,891 Reviews
Kauai, HI
california
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of vow renewal

And I won't steal anyone's "spot"! Lol!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of vow renewal

Yes, Puu Poa Beach has that classic view of Hanalei Bay. I just did a vow renewal there the other day, on Friday the 13th, to be exact, for a totally non-superstitious couple! The view is nice from that beach in either direction - though I think it's prettiest in the morning hours, with the sun shining on the mountains, it's also gorgeous at sunset, or any time of day, even if under the shade of a Kamani Nut tree in the bright sun of the afternoon.

I look forward to possibly helping you to hatch your surprise plan - or steering you toward other options, if you decide to do something else. Have fun thinking about your romantic moments!

Mentioned in this post
Puu Poa Beach
Puu Poa Beach
58 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Hanalei Bay
Hanalei Bay
391 Reviews
Kauai, HI
california
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of vow renewal

We got married on the 13th (although not a Friday), my husband was born on the 13th.

We love Friday the 13ths! I've always considered them lucky!

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of vow renewal

We are having our renewal next month at a Wiamea Canyon lookout - we haven't quite decided which one yet. We are having a very very simple one also - having Rev. Wesley Cronk officiate it - with a lei exchange. Since we aren't having it on the beach there is no permit to pay for. I was quoted about $200 give or take some flower details. He told me there would be someone with him to take photos with our camera also, which works for us.