We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

California
Level Contributor
622 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

We are returning to Kauai after a 30 year absence. Way back when .... we stayed at the BeachBoy in Coconut Grove. I know that's gone ...courtesy of Iniki.

Can you please help us choose a hotel for next March (2013). We'll only be staying 3 nights ... then off to Oahu for the rest of our vacation.

We are active senior citizens... and we love sightseeing.

Requirements for a hotel would be price.... our budget is about $200 per night. As for area... that's open to discussion and of course your opinions.

I'm sure I'll have dozens more questions... but please help with this one first.

Mahalo

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

If you liked staying at the Beachboy, it is now the Kauai Coast Resort -- mostly a timeshare, but you can rent rooms there.

California
Level Contributor
622 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

Honestly ... we were so young and it was so long ago.... I'm not sure why we liked it. It was our very first Hawaiian visit. Now many years later and many trips later.... I'm sure our tastes have changed. Thanks for the help

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

In March, I would stay in Poipu. Check out The Sheraton in Poipu. It's on a great beach!

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

I stayed at the Beachboy about 29 years ago and it was a dump. Iniki was the best thing for it. It is very nice now. One of my favorite restaurants is there.

Next door to Kauai Coast is Islander On The Beach. A similar property to Beachboy and if you are only there a few days, staying East is good. I am not sure you can get the Sheraton for $200/nt in March. That is prime time for whales, spring breaks etc. but I could be wrong. Maybe a garden view room is under $200. It would be a good choice for sure. The other choice would be Marriott in Kalapaki Bay but again its more than $200/nt.

California
Level Contributor
622 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

MAHALO Jet.... I'll go check prices ... now.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,529 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

Aloha,

Maybe one day to head up to Waimea Canyon and of course the Puu Hinahina Lookout, my favorite spot.

kokee.org/kokee-state-park/waterfalls-a-look…

Also , Polihale Beach

One day the East and North Shore

The Poipu Sheraton would be a good choice

Hope the weather will ne nice for you in March

Aloha

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

In March --- Poipu. The seas will be calmer than east or north shores and it will be sunnier with 99.9% confidence.

3 days is more of a hotel stay due to condo cleaning fees but see if Kiahuna Plantation works for you. Sheraton is the cheapest (yet nice) hotel down on that side but March can be busy depending on how many snow birds and spring breakers are in town.

Many of your questions will likely have been asked many times before. You may find fuller discussions in the Top Questions threads or via the search function than by asking the same question again yourself. Responses are from random volunteers so you're leaving it to chance that the right person comes by to answer on any given day.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 10:22
8. Re: I know this is an oft repeated question, hotel help pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 10:17