We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 5 & 6

Upland, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day 5 & 6

On day 5 yesterday we walked along the cliffs by shipwreck beach in the morning. It was fun to explore and see some unusual sand/rock formations. Then we headed over to Poipu beach park. The boys boogie boarded at Brenneckes and loved it! We all enjoyed exploring the tide pools on the rocks. We admired two sea turtles swimming in the surf and I saw some interesting fish while snorkeling. The beach may not be the most beautiful but it has something for everyone.

For dinner we cleaned up and headed to Beach House for a 6 pm reservation. Was a bit apprehensive because of reviews but my hubby wanted to give it a try. We liked the salads, steak and fish dishes we ordered. The piña colada was awful and the waiter was not surprised we sent it back. For dessert we had the Lemon orange cheesecake and coconut crem brûlée... Both amazing. I ate way too much!! Since we had cleaned up I really wanted a photo so I paid the house photographer to take our picture, glad I did. I have a good camera but dont know what I'll get if I hand it to a stranger.

Today, day 6, I was blessed to go on the Kauai Photo Tour while my hubby stayed at the resort with the kids. Does he rock or what??!!! Matt was our guide. What a fun day! I highly recommend this tour towards the beginning of your trip. The hiking tour included spectacular views that I would not have found on my own. I finished the day watching my 9 year old boogie board in front of kiahuna under the moon. I am so thankful to be here.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 5 & 6

Days 5 and 6 sounds perfect..glad you are enjoying your trip. Keep the updates coming!

California
Level Contributor
35,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 5 & 6

I love your last comment. It says it all!

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 5 & 6

Enjoying your reports--keep them coming.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,977 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 5 & 6

If the waiter wasn't surprised you sent it back, shouldn't he have warned you not to order the pina colada in the first place? Sounds like you folks are having a great visit.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 5 & 6

Glad you liked the food at the Beach house, I wont be ordering the Pina Colada at least not at the beach house, great recommendation to do the photo tour early in your trip, this way you can go back to places they took you if you like.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,485 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 5 & 6

Perhaps a new bartender? My son orders Pina Colodas and loved the one at the Beach House. Both my sons have been in the restaurant business in college, and they know not to argue with customers, if people want to send something back, they just take it away and don't argue or act surprised The management knows that will happen over the course of time. Sometimes something just doesn't come out right. Sorry you got a bad one? What did you order in it's place?

We were at breakfast yesterday and a guy next to us sent the omelette back. They brought out another one and he still didn't like the way it was cooked. So the manager came over and took it off their bill. Everyone else cleaned up their plate.

Loving your trip report. Thanks for sharing with us.

7. Re: Day 5 & 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 10:17