We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Yesterday after visiting the Talk Story Book Store and our friends, we stopped at the new KAUAI BREWERY AND GRILLE...so here is our report , as promised.

Very eaasy to find in port allen ( west side ) as it is across the road from capt. Andy, and next door to the visitor mecca red dirt shirt factory.

We walked in the wide open front door, and were instantly greeted by the hostess. But, we like to sit at the bar, and not a table, and we snugged up and relaxed a bit to check out the operation.

The large front and back doors were open, to let the ocean breeze flow through so it was totally comfortable. The fairly long bar is designed in very nice wood. There are plenty of tables for those who like to sit away from the bar. No problem for those with families and youngsters....very, very pleasant.

The kitchen is pretty darned good sized and they had three staff working getting out meals. THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. Also plenty of servers to take care of everyone. All with happy smiles and positive vibes.

Service was excellent, and Jennifer the manager waited on us and we talked story with her. The olympics were on one of the several TV sets that are above and along the back bar.

THE BEERS WERE EXCELLENT...I cannot remember what Erica had, but I had Pacific Brown, and a Capt. Cook. Also had a turkey, ham and cheese wrap. Cannot remember what Erica had, but she was totally pleased and vacummed up everything but the plate.

We had a great time, and met a very nice young couple who were visiting, and helped them out with beaches that were likely not filled with people. They looked like honeymooners and were staying at Kiahuna Plantation, and wanted a less crowded enviornment.

Other staff were friendly, and the ambiance was very casual, upbeat and easy going. They have only been open for three weeks, but everything was right on for us.

Oh, and they also have new style T-shirts that show the names and logos of their different micro brews. ( these are displayed up on the wall . Also, they have a tall display case of their glasses with the logo for those that might want to have a Kauai Brewery gift for back home.

also for those that would like a different libation they have a pretty full bar, and of course non alcoholic beverages as well.

The menu is rather extensive, with a long list of pu/pu's as well as other full on selections.

Anwyay, the whole experience was very friendly and feel good. The Kauai Brewery in Port Allen, had added us to their fan base.

Oh yes, non resort prices that are easy on the wallet.

Denny and Erica

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Thanks for the Update Denny (who cant remember what Erica had) and Erica, great Info very detailed, might have to go get a shirt and a mug for home , oh and yeah try a beer or 3

Morgan Hill...
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Thanks so much for the scoops!! Always nice to get your take on places. Appreciate all of the deatails. Good to know they have t-shirts & glasses ready to sell. Will be bringing some of those home for sure.

We're staying at Kuhio Shores so plan to make frequent trips into Port Allen for a pint or two this September. ;)

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

My wife and I checked it out this past Sunday. Agree with Denny's assessment. They also have a dining area in the loft that is really nice for families to move away from the bar area. I would think they are in a great spot for people finishing their trips with Capt' Andy and Holoholo.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Thanks Denny, I knew you were the right person for the task! Sounds like a good place, we must try it out.

Psst....don't let the Admiral know you can't remember what she had!

3Chihuahuas

Harrisonburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

My wife and I ate there last week and likewise had a great time. I sampled 4 different micros, with their Red (don't remember exact name) being my favorite. Our meals were very good, as well; I had their jerk chicken sandwich, wife had a pork sandwich. We sat in the upstairs portion, which has a good breeze and view of the street for people watching. They were a bit busy when we were there, so I think they should be in good shape for time to come. Grabbed a shirt and souvenir glass before leaving.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Rockytopengineer, I am not so sure about those people with the green faces going in for a brewski after feeding the fishes if you catch my drift.

Enumclaw, WA
Level Contributor
746 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Excellent news! Hubby and I are booked for Kauai in early October, and we will DEFINITELY be checking this place out! Sounds like a good lunch spot on the way to/from Polihale or Salt Pond...

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Awesome - I plan on being in a week or so. Thanks for the info !

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

Would this be a good spot to watch NFL football on Sunday ? We will be there for 3 weeks Sept into first week of October. Looking for places for a fantasy football fan(hubby) to catch the games!

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kauai brewery and grille..port allen

The best!