We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I've been curious about these gardens for some time now primarily because they have a children's garden and I usually have kids with me when I go to Hawaii and can't attend the other garden tours yet. There are very few reviews about this garden, especially the "Under the Rainbow" tour. Has anyone here on the forum ever gone to this, and if so, what were your impressions? I will be going with my mom and my almost 3 year old in three weeks.

If anyone else was interested, I did notice on their website that they offer a keiki day the last Saturday of the month for only $10, which is a huge discount off their normal rates.

california
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I am interested in the replies that you get about this, as I too may want to take my little miss Blue when we visit. The Jack in the Beanstalk pond looks cute and a great way to cool off. If this is amazing and do not miss we will probably go (unfortunately not on the last Saturday, we miss that by a week), otherwise we have a couple other toddler geared activities and will skip this garden to just sit and dig some sand in the beach!

If anyone weighs in, I'm curious about how much time is allotted for the kids to play in the pond area on the rainbow tour.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

Have you done a search? - we had a TR recently that included the Under the Rainbow tour. If memory serves, that family was very happy with it. Maybe the poster will see this thread, as well, and give you direct feedback.

California
Level Contributor
37,635 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

momwithgreatboss wrote a TR about it didn't she?

california
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I hope she weighs in...I can't access her TR right now from my phone.

Anyone have a link?

Spring, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

My five year old and my 17 month old both really enjoyed the children's tour there. (I did too.)

We had a very small tour group...only one other family. The first part was a guided tour around the gardens (which included feeding the koi). The children were given a paper bag to collect "treasures" along the way. They were allowed to keep anything they found on the ground. We came home with really large seed pods, flowers, etc. The second part was in the children's garden where the children were allowed to roam free and play in the fountain, in a tree house, slides, Indian "village," etc.

I would recommend it. We were there in May/April. You can see our pictures on our blog...

http://texansonvacation.blogspot.com

scroll down and click on the "Garden - Na Aina Kai (1)" label on the right hand side to find the post on this garden.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I looked at Moms' TR but didn't see a mention of the gardens, but maybe I missed it.

Thanks, Texans, I enjoyed glancing at your trip report and the pics and your description makes me want to go there. I also saw that you went to Limahuli, and I haven't been there yet either, so maybe we'll go there as well. I'll check out your TR in more detail when I get a chance.

Texas
Level Contributor
149 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I did the "Under the Rainbow" tour with my grandkids age 11,5 and 18 months old in June. They all enjoyed it. You can even change into swimsuits and play in the Jack and the Beanstalk fountain. This was especially a big hit with the 18 month old. Our tour guide I think her name was Teal was very good with the children.

Brenda

california
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

Brenda M: how much time did they give you to play in the pond/fountain?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

I'm glad to hear your grand kids enjoyed it, Brenda M. And, it looks like we'll have to try it too. I'll come back with a report when I get back from our trip.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Na'Aina Kai Botanical Gardens

They have that last Saturday of the month $10 for 3 hours deal we've gone to a couple times - daughter has a great time.