We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Princeville

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Princeville

I know this hotel has changed hands as I no longer can find it on the Starwood website. Does anyone know what is it called now ???

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Princeville

It is on the starwood website. It became the St. Regis.

Edited: 03 September 2012, 00:33
Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Princeville

Thanks Pirates.... I thought that it is now the St. Regis but wasn't quite sure. Didn't want to spend $ 500 plus and not be at the right hotel !!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Princeville

There are 2 Starwood hotels up there. St. Regis and The Westin. The latter is primarily timeshare. The Sheraton in Poipu is the 3rd Starwood property on Kauai.

All have many reviews and older threads here on T/A.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Princeville

While the St. Regis Princeville retained the fantastic view site of Bali Hai and Hanalei Bay that the original Sheraton Princeville took advantage of, Starwood poured many tens of millions into the complex to update its rooms, pool, lobby, spa facilities, etc over more than one year of reconstruction. In my view, still clearly the best sited Resort in the Hawaiian Islands....

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Princeville

Was that originally the Sheraton Mirage?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Princeville

Yes, but the Shearton was there first. Then an Australian conglomerate acquired the Princeville Community, and greatly improved the hotel with its current huge lobby windows facing Hanalei Bay, built the massive infinity pool facing Bali Hai, and renamed it the Sheraton Mirage that mirrored a Hotel they owned near Australia's Great Barrier Reef. After Japanese major corporations acquired Princeville, the Hotel reverted to its original Princeville name. Later, the Starwood Group acquired the hotel and upgraded it to the present St. Regis status.

7. Re: Sheraton Princeville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:17