We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool At Marriott in Lihue

San Francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pool At Marriott in Lihue

We will be staying at the Marriott in Lihue in a few weeks. From some of the revviews I read people have complained about the lack of umbrellas around the pool.

Does anyone know if there just isn't many umbrellas or none at all?

California
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

I don't know the answer as its been a long time since I stayed there, but the bottom line during the summer people are always complaining about lack of umbrellas. You could have 100 people happy and the 101st person would complain they didn't get an umbrella. I do remember that the pool is lined with palm trees so perhaps the umbrella count is low but the palm tree count is high.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

We were there in May.

There are NO umbrellas around the pool. There are very few trees - only near the beach side of the pool. Those seats were quickly swooped up. Saw lots of empty seats w/ towels on them. There are 4 or 5 cabanas that you can rent, but they are on the beach, not by the pool.

There are also a few loungers w/ the pull up canopy (can't remember what they are called). They rent them by the day. I find them to be extremely hot since the canopy blocks the air flow. Since they are double-loungers, they are difficult to move around. You can't "follow the sun" to keep the seat in the shade at all times.

The pool is lovely though. We found the shallow water to be quite warm.

California
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Hummmm. I just checked some pictures on a website and it shows a few umbrellas. Maybe they were taken down when they did the pool remodel so people will rent the loungers.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

there are umbrellas at the restaurant and bar. But they aren't for the loungers as there are tables & chairs under them for people that are eating.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we may need to rent a cabana if we want some shade.

SunnySanDiego - Do you recall how much it cost to rent the cabana?

Houston
Level Contributor
72 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

$50 per day at the pool. There is nice shade in the morning even without umbrellas, FYI.. We are here at the resort now if you have other questions.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Argo, my suggestion is to walk a few feet and head towards the beach. Much prettier view and the hotel provides lounge chairs which are shaded under coconut trees. You can also move your chairs to the suns travels. When it gets warm you'll have 2 options, the warm pacific ocean or the Marriott pool. Enjoy :)

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Those lounge chairs on the lawn are fantastic! Just a short walk over for a dip in the pool, and even shorter to play in the ocean.

Plus the cool grass is so much nicer than the hot cement.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Booked a 10 day stay at the Marriott. Since you are there now can you give me your impressions of the hotel? Buffet breakfast, rooms , Internet coverage on the grounds,drink prices, Ect.....

Any tips you can offer would be great. Thanks

Ubsueg@gmail.com

San Francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool At Marriott in Lihue

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input. So looking forward to our trip. Leave in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!