We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Thousand Oaks...
7 posts
Save Topic
Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

We like to rent a 2bdrm condo for a week(in November) ,close to the beach,4 adults and two toddlers,around $1000/week.

Any ideas welcome!

Edited: 19 September 2012, 05:02
California
Level Contributor
39,586 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Where do you want to be located? $1000 a week and 2 bedrooms? That works out to be $142 a night. You need to factor in tax and cleaning which brings that down to about $125 a night. Is your budget flexible? That won't get you much.

Within that budget I might suggest Emmalani Court on the North Shore. They are a bargain for budget accommodations.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…emmalani-court

summitpacificinc.com/emmalani-court-413.html

You are not close to the beach but within your budget it might be hard to find something. I hope you don't mean for Thanksgiving?!? That might be tougher especially in Poipu.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Thousand Oaks...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Our budget is flexible,we could go a little higher...and yes it's Thanksgiving...:)

Thanks anyway!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

$140 a night, inlcuding taxes, close to a beach and at Thanksgiving is going to be tough.

First, I'd recommend Poipu for better weather at that time. My first recommendation would be you check out Waikomo Stream Villas in Poipu. You'd have about a 15 minute walk to the beaches but you can easily drive it too. WSV is about the best deal going in Poipu. Units are very large. It used to be considered somewhat out of the way but is no longer with the construction of Kukuiula Village shops and restaurants basically right next to it. It's a nice and quiet place too.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/…

For Thanksgiving you're still going to have up that budget a little but for Poipu it's still the best deal for what you get.

Edit......just did a search at WSV and for that week there is actually a two bedroom for only $917 for the week.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 16:14
Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Waikomo Stream Villas
Waikomo Stream Villas
96 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,285 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Parrish has been runnnig specials on Waikomo Streams Villas. My husband was able to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a sofa bed and quite large for $90.00/night plux tax and cleaning for early December. It worked out to be a little over $900 for a week (as Napa mentions above). WSV is very centrally located to restaurants, shops and several beaches.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Check out Nihi Kai on VRBO - this one is avail. Sun - Fri of Thanksgiving week for $159/night. http://www.vrbo.com/81884

If you can go a week later, this one is available: http://www.vrbo.com/287474

Mentioned in this post
Nihi Kai Villas
Nihi Kai Villas
147 Reviews
Kauai, HI
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

November on the North Shore is iffy. People are already starting to talk about more than usual rain on that side though here just around the corner it's a desert.

You'll be much safer on weather in Poipu. Don't waste any time finding something. Air fares are pretty low for November and you will have competition for Thanksgiving week.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Check out the Crater in Poipu. Close to everything you want and very nice. Should easily be in your budget too.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,586 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

Poipu Crater Condos? I had friends stay there and they said it was like staying in a sauna. Zero ventilation, but then I have never stayed there so no clue!!!

The WSV sound like a good deal! Would the other 2 adults mind having twin beds? That would be a deal breaker to me!

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,285 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

A lot of the units have a queen in the 2nd bedroom at WSV.

10. Re: Loking for condo in November 4 adults and two toddlers...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2012, 18:18