We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Popui

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Popui

Is it worth price to stay here ?? And can u just get the garden view ??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Popui

Yes, the Grand Hyatt is worth every penny, even in a garden view room.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Popui

Thanks ! Wondering can u have coffee fruit pastries in your room ? Enjoy the view??

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Popui

You can eat whatever you want in your room. The "garden view" we got was a tree, but you might get lucky and they upgrade you if you are a member of Hyatt's reward program.

We have enjoyed our stays at this hotel over the years. You are paying for a terrific pool, lagoon, services etc, just like at other Hyatt locations throughout Hawaii. You do not need to pay "rack rates". There are ways to get good deals. If you go to the search box above and type in Hyatt deals, older threads will pop up. I know someone who just paid $200 a night through Priceline. It all depends on your dates and availability.

4. Re: Hyatt Popui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 September 2012, 22:05
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Popui

Very nice hotel. We got a garden view for $150/night through Priceline. Really enjoyed it here. Almost wish we were not leaving for Princeville later today.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Popui

With 5 people, you would need to get two rooms.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,489 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Popui

Last October we got two free nights at the Hyatt Kauai by applying for the Chase Hyatt credit card. Just make a purchase (buy groceries that week) and you can book your free nights. We were upgraded to deluxe ocean view room, but we were already Gold Passport members.

https:/…

Yes, there is an empty fridge in the room, so you can bring in snacks, fruit, juices, etc.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Popui

Aloha from Kaua'i!

To the OP - no offense, and not sure if it is a typo or not - but the name of the area you are referring to here is: Po'ipu.

Just to avoid confusion for you in the future!

And I've not stayed there, but I've worked as narrator for their torchlighting ceremony for the last 10 years or so - and it is a beautiful property - I would be thrilled to stay at any type of room there - mountain view or not!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Popui

I just wanted to verify my comment above. I tried to reserve a garden view for 2 adults and 3 children. Sure enough, they only allow 4 people per room and the rack rate for a garden view is $459/ per night. As mentioned above, you can get discounted rates.

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt Popui

If you face the ocean then roosters will not be an issue. If you are on the other side then you will be serenaded by roosters who are so profoundly stupid that they sound off throughout the night, oblivious to how far off dawn is. It took me several nights of rooster Glee Club at the Grand Hyatt to get used to it.