We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

Hello Everyone,

I had been asking about outrigger room types but now I realise that I want to book a specific room to get what I want.

Has anyone stayed in G104, A106 or A404? I like the fact of seeing the water but they are quite a bit more money than booking AAA oceanfront through outrigger so I would like to hear personal experiences. I have read all the reveiws on the web but I would feel better getting help here as well.

For a gardenview condo (aka less expensive) I am interested in G105 as well. Just not sure how far ir is from pool and if it is too secluded? Experiences?

At past resorts we have liked ground floor for easy access to pools etc for teenagers but it is not a deal breaker.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

I cannot answer your specific questions but here's a property map that may help:

summitpacificinc.com/WaipouliBeachResort/pro…

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
352 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

We have stayed in the G107. The only type of view you are going to have in G105 is of the sidewalk and other condos. The property is small and you are near the pool. The condos at this resort are beautiful. As far as the difference in price, only you can determine if oceanfront or even oceanview is worth the money. For me and my money, if it is a significant savings, I could stay in G105 with no problems. And, having said that, I really prefer of!!! I do know I wouldn't be happy with the the D building that looks over the road.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

Thank you martik. I should have posted that I have a map but I do really appreciate that you took the time to send link to me.

Thank you icee. The view I would have from G105 was really what I was looking for so you really helped me. You helped me realise I really do want a view of ocean. Either ocreanfront or from higher room at back of resort.

We will be around the resort more than usual as we are going there with a group for a wedding.

Anyone else stayed in or by any of these other rooms?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,131 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

If you're going to be spending time around the resort, I say go for ocean view (at least) if it makes you happy. Maybe it's a splurge, but we always did it when visiting. Worth it to sit out on the lanai and have coffee or cocktails.

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

To me, I would not want to be ground floor and near the pool. Every time I go to Oasis (the restaurant) I think to myself what a pain having all those people walk by your unit and they can see everything going on inside day and night. The interior of this complex is so close together and the pool is right there. I too would spring for an oceanfront unit.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

No you are right I do not want to be by pool on ground level. The only way I would want ground level is oceanfront in a secluded spot. I think the G104 or A404 would give me that. Thank you for all this "food for thought"! Now decisons decisions :)

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
352 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

G104 is going to be ground level.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,268 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

Be sure to check out the various YouTube videos of the units you are considering.

There is one for G104......while Oceanfront.....there is a fair amount of filled in ground shrubbery of a certain height......IMO , significantly obstructing the views.

IME , a 2nd,3rd, or 4th floor view will give you a more desirable perspective while allowing for a degree of privacy....from the path traffic.

A main floor unit is ideal if traveling with toddlers......We tend to now seek out units on the top floors to allow for enhanced views, and less overhead noise.I have always believed there is a degree or two more vulnerability in the ground units.IMO

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

Thank you to everyone.

Although G104 is groundfloor I felt that because it is on the quiet side there would have a bit more privacy than the ground condos by the pool. We prefer ground floor condos but with the shrubs in front of us and distance from the ocean I think I will pick one off the ground floor this trip.

If anyone has stayed in or by A404 I would love to hear from you!

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,202 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with Waipouli Beach Resort G104,G105, A106, or A404?

G104 may be the better choice if you don't want a view. It faces out towards a grassy area and you'll get no pool noise. For view A4** has to be better. There were some chairs "hidden" out be the open area by G104 if you want some time more or less away from the kids and pool area. They may or may not be there now. We had E105 through Kauai Calls and loved facing out to a greenbelt away from the pools. Everything there is a short walk. As much as the beach gets flack it looks like a corona commercial certain times of the year, and G104 is a pretty short walk to "your own beach". It was almost never occupied when we were there and i loved it.