We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June wedding on the North shore

New Braunfels, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
June wedding on the North shore

Anyone have any good suggestions for wedding ceremony and reception locations on the north shore? I want a beach setting and I love Hanalei Bay, but the St Regis charges a ridiculous amount for weddings. Wondering if we should just walk to the beach and get married and go to a restaurant afterwards.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

California
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June wedding on the North shore

http://kauaiofficiant.com/

Give Julie, known as hula4me here on TA, a call. Check out her website.

We've seen several weddings on Hanalei Bay near Pine Trees.

California
Level Contributor
37,007 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June wedding on the North shore

You have to have a permit to be married on the beach.

There are many locations to do this.

At Hanalei Bay Resort they have an area overlooking the bay called Wedding Walk. The beach below this resort Puu Poa is a nice setting. I think Tunnels is the prettiest with dinner after at Mediterranean Gourmet, or better yet rent a house in Anini Vista or above Secret Beach and have your own wedding reception catered.

California
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June wedding on the North shore

http://www.hcr.com/weddings/wedding-packages

Take a look at the wedding packages offered by Hanalei Colony Resort which is next to Mediterranean Gourmet.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,079 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June wedding on the North shore

For locations Tunnels, 'Anini sections and Hanalei Bay past Pine Trees. For receptions, it would depend on your budget.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June wedding on the North shore

First......huge congratualations on Your wedding and selecting the north shore of kauai for your vows. Wow ! IMHO you could not have found a more perfect place for your ceremony.

Also, we agree 100% with 22kauai on getting in touch with Julie, who is on this board as hula4me.

she is a heartfelt , beautiful, and classy lady who will tailor your ceremony to your personal desires. We have known many residents , as well as visitors who have used her services .....and she does not rip you off.

Not in the least, and you will have the most wonderful wedding ceremony.

She is sharp, positive, and realy cares about her clients. Just a call to her and you will be able to tell that she has values, and you both will be in good hands.

Denny

Edited: 07 October 2012, 23:15
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June wedding on the North shore

Na Aina Kai Botanical Garden has a beach option which is Kaluakai Beach

Batesville
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June wedding on the North shore

Black Pot Pier on Hanalei Bay is the most serene spot on earth near and at sunset. The spirit of place is almost overwhelming. When my wife and I visit the island, we spend most of our sunsets there. There is not a hint of tourist resort about the place; the little bit of activity you'd encounter will be mostly locals and real beach lovers. We've seen marriages there as well as memorial services and even, one time, a burial of cremation ashes.

Black Pot enriches the soul.

8. Re: June wedding on the North shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:19