We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

1 post
Save Topic
Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

We are traveling to kauai in November and would love some suggestions on things not to miss there that kids would enjoy

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

if you stick "kids" in the search box dozens of older threads pop up. Some very recent.

Saint Helens, Oregon
Level Contributor
214 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

The beach of course... :) My parents took us every year from when I was 1 until I was an adult... for me, the highlights were mornings at the beach, afternoons by the pool... and the napali coast trips on the rigid hull inflatables... these are a little rougher--but so much fun when we were kids--like white water rafting on the ocean! :)

Level Contributor
9,850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

This recent thread has some good ideas. If you're staying on the North Shore, I'd recommend the luau at the Mediterranean Gourmet on Tuesday night. My grandkids really enjoyed it.

Level Contributor
38,710 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

My kids are now 10 and 13 but we have been traveling to Kauai with them since they were infants. The previous threads have some good ideas. We also loved the Bird Talk show at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu when my kids were younger. The keiki hula at the Seaview Terrace (Hyatt) is also fun. Kamalani Playground at Lydgate Park is still a favorite of both of my boys.

Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

There's a tab on my blog of Kauai Activities with Kids: …blogspot.com/p/kauai-activities-with-kids.h…

Kauai Underground by Horowitz is a good guidebook for families.

7. Re: Kauai with 5 and 7 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:17