We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

Level Contributor
159 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

Any opinions on which is better? Ultimate Guide to Kauai recommends Pomodoro as the best italian in Kauai but many posters have said very good things about Casa di Amici.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
691 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

I've never eaten at Pomodoro, but dinner at Casa de Amici last fall was superb, with great service, and enough food leftover for lunch the next day.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

Pomodoro, hands down. Amici is good, but I've been eating at Pomodoro since it was Casa Italia in Lihue, and have never been disappointed.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

Agree... Pomodoro in Kalaheo hands down if you want traditional Italian cuisine from their antipasta and pizza to their pasta swimming in marinara. I especially enjoyed their alfredo sauce. Preparation and service are AA (above average) and for quality and affordability certainly outdoes Sabella.

Casa di Amici is not an Italian restaurant but does have maybe three Italian items on the menu. Their menu is more a mix of Thai, Mediterranean and seafood dishes. The surroundings are pleasant for family dining inside or out. Service and prep were wanting; wine showed about about 20 minutes into the meal. Maybe just an off night and not one thing special enough to return there on our next visit to the island. It is highly praised by some reviewers, however; so don't take my word for it.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

I vote for Pomodoro.

Our last visit to Casa was so terrible we swore never to go back. We never received any water after asking several times. The people at the table received their wine about 20 minutes AFTER they'd finished the meal, so they sent it back. We didn't even get ASKED if we wanted wine. If the service is that terrible, that is what becomes memorable, not the food.

Level Contributor
159 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa de Amici or Pomodoro?

Thank you all...Pomodoro it is!