We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Aloha from Kaua'i!

December is a busy month here on Kaua'i for Christmas-themed events - pretty much all month long there are great, local events for you and your ohana - I've tried to link a few here so visitors can take a look at what is being offered.......

December 1 - Waimea Tree Lighting - At 6:00 p.m. the annual lighting of the Waimea town Christmas tree will take place at 6:00 p.m. Waimea Town is the most decorated town on the island and every night brings additional delights. Stroll along Main Street and Waimea Canyon Drive to enjoy the spirit of the season offered by residents and businesses from dark until 9:00 p.m.

Friday - Dec. 7th - the "Lights on Rice Street" Parade - always good fun and in conjunction with the big Crafts Fair at the Kaua'i Museum on Rice Street as well:

http://lightsonrice.com/

December 2 -

Christmas Craft Fair at the National Tropical Botanical Garden - The 9th annual "Christmas Craft Fair in the Garden" will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Visitor Center of the NTBG located on Kauai's south shore at 4425 Lawa'i Road, Po'ipu, just opposite Spouting Horn. This is a free event that will feature lots of Kauai Made products, jewelry, a special Keiki (children's) Korner, a plant sale, lots of local food and music featuring Paul Togioka on guitar, Nick Castillo contemporary Hawaiian songs, and Anela Lauren on harp. For more information, you can call the visitor center gift shop at 808-742-2623

December 10 -

Christmas Gifts Concert - The Performing Arts Center at Kauai Community College will host their annual Christmas Gifts Concert at 6:00 p.m. The concert will feature a serenade by string students of Helen Sina, featuring Ethereal Harmony, Magic Violins, and Amoroso, with guest performances from Ballet Kauai, directed by Daniel Nelson. There will also be a Christmas crafts fair and refreshments for purchase. Tickets cost just $8 and are available in advance by calling 808-652-0706. They will also be available at the door. You can also visit their website.

Sunday, December 16 -

Kauai Christmas Hula Concert -

Leilani Rivera Low and Halau Hula o Leilani will present their annual family oriented Christmas hula concert at the Kauai War Memorial Convention. Over 75 adult and keiki dancers will perform to Hawaiian Christmas songs as well as as feature a selection of Maori and Tahitian dances. Local crafts and food will be available for purchase in the lobby beginning at 5:00 p.m. The auditorium will open at 6:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 7:00 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door for just $15.

kauaifestivals.com/festivals/a_kauai_christm…

gohawaii.about.com/gi/o.htm…

December 18 -

Waimea Lighted Christmas Parade - The 18th annual Waimea Waimea Lighted Christmas Parade will begin at dusk (approx. 6:00 p.m.). This is one of the island's most popular holiday events and spectators should intend to arrive early since parking is limited to areas at either end of town. Parking details are available on their website. The parade begins at Waimea Canyon Park and goes down Kaumualii Highway to Ala Wai Road where it turns inland to Waimea Road, then back west to end at Hofgaard Park in the center of town. After parade festivities include live, on-stage free music at Hofgaard Park, with free beverages, baked goods and treats provided by local business.

There are also multiple crafts faires every weekend now - and even the Keiki Hula Show at the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i that Halau Hula 'O Leilani does (free - Tuesday and Saturday at 7-8pm) at the Seaview Terrace is Christmas themed songs and hula.....good fun!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Hoping to see you at at least some of them. Thanks for the listing.

Tucson, Arizona...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Will they perform the hula show at the Grand Hyatt on Tuesday, Christmas day? Thanks again for the info, and please let us know if there are any other events the week of Christmas. Looking forward to our first trip to Kauai, but don't get into town until the 21st.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Janet

Well , happy holidays young lady,

It seems in our progressing years it has been hard to get into the Christmas scene spirit......but I suppose that comes with no family here on island.

But, you and lelani actually bring those warm and fuzzy chirstmas feelings back to us with the hula concert.

It is really very special to us, and I have written the day down on the calendar.

Will you be dancing this year ?

Mahalo lady, we are looking forward to it......yep, we are.

Mele Kalikimaka

Denny and Erica

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Aloha from Kaua'i!

As far as "A Kaua'i Christmas" Hula Concert on the 16th? - yes, I will be dancing - been having extra practices lately and I'm going today for a fitting on a costume I need. Probably will be performing in about 5 dances I believe. Always good fun! I'm also in charge of getting the crafters for our "crafts fair" in the lobby - so we are having about 12-14 vendors there - hand-picked by me! A fun event I believe for the whole family - complete with Uncle Larry Rivera and "Kapala" performing as well.

As far as the keiki hula show on Christmas Day at the Hyatt? Yes, there will be keiki hula that night. She usually manages to round up enough keiki to do the show that night - as you can imagine, after a fun day of presents and food with their families - it isn't easy!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Also on the Christmas calendar are the two Kauai Community Chorale evening Christmas concerts - one Dec 15th at KKC (Puhi, in the Lihue area) and the other Dec 16th at the St Regis, for those on the North Shore!

Wonderful Christmas music and some keiki hula, as well.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

Aloha from Kaua'i!

A "bump" to this topic since Christmas is getting closer!

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: Christmas Events in December on Kaua'i......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:16