We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Book It!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
801 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Just Book It!

Yes, just booked our airfare for May 2013! I know it's a ways out but with a discount and miles it worked out great. Now I can stop searching for airfare and sit back and read TA. I have been reading it for months now and have gotten lots of good info.

We ,myself,DH(48) & my Mom(80) are coming. This will be our first trip to Kauai. We've all been to Maui several times and thought a different island would be great!

We are staying on the south shore at Nihi Kai.

I will try and do a TR cause I know how much I like reading every ones. You can get so much information from them.

Can't wait!

Patty

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Book It!

We already booked our airfare for June 2013. The fares were excellent. We are also staying at Nihi Kai.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,254 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Book It!

And I booked our airfare for Aug 2013 (Oahu & Kaua‘i) a couple of days ago - found killer fares...no reason to wait, really surprising too, I don't ever remember fares this good this far out except when ATA was still around.

I bet you fall in love with Kaua‘i just like the rest of us!

3Chihuahuas

california
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Book It!

We booked our June 2013 airfare already, about 2 1/2 months ago! It was a great fare!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Book It!

You've got the right idea. If you find what you feel is a good airfare with good routing then just book. The waiting game doesn't always pan out plus you now have the angst of it all behind you. Now the fun part of planning can begin.

You CAN wait on the rental car though and it's probably best to wait until the companies work on their 2013 base pricing. Start looking right after the first of the year. Discount Hawaii Car Rental, as an example, will have their 2013 rates negotiated with the major car rental companies by mid-December

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Book It!

congrats and welcome to Kauai...

You are going to have some amazing views from Nihi Kai....

Perfect.

Denny

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Book It!

Enjoy your continued research and your trip. Don't forget you promised a report.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Book It!

Napaguy: Discount Hawaii Car Rentals is already showing their 2013 rates:

discounthawaiicarrental.com/rates13_a.shtml

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Book It!

You are going to love it! As much as I love Oregon I hate to leave Kauai.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Book It!

CT, good to know. Some years they're still haggling with the agencies at this time.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,254 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Book It!

I just booked thru DHCR for next Aug 2013. Rates are pretty steep compared to what we've gotten in the past, but I'll continue to look for a better rate. Here's what I have right now:

Alamo at HNL - 8 days - $196.98

Avis at LIH - 15 days - $455.18

3Chihuahuas