We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X-mas tree dilemma

oahu, hawaii
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
X-mas tree dilemma

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. My family and I are coming over to Kauai for the holidays and I am worried that we won't be able to find a tree... I live on Oahu and I know a lot of our regular xmas tree spots are closing down/selling out already! We are not coming until saturday and I am worried that the same will be true on Kauai. Can anyone give me some reassurance and also a place to get a tree?

Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

Home Depot. Fake ones at Walmart or Kmart.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

There is a little place out here in Kalaheo that grows their own and have reported that sales are down. I know WHERE it is, but not the name - I'll have a look around.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The tree farm that "mezzsop" refers to is right off the main highway - there is a small sign and you drive down a road to their tree farm - I'm straining to remember the name right now - but they always have a small sign up - it is on the makai (ocean) side of the highway. They also usually have lovely Christmas flower arrangements that I love to buy and that are very inexpensive!

Their trees are beautiful and are the "Hawaiian Christmas Tree" - Norfolk pine.

We've gotten our tree there every year! This year we are going to be gone for Christmas, so only a pointsettia this time!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 18 December 2012, 19:18
California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

I guess that place would work if you are staying in that area of the island. Maybe CT or PZP can offer some East side locations.

oahu, hawaii
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

Thanks so much! I will check out the place in kalaheo! We are staying in Poipu so it's perfect.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,392 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

If all else fails, contact Waipa Foundation. There's a tree farm on Kuawa Rd in Kilauea.

http://waipafoundation.org/news/

3Chihuahuas

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

Home Depot is sold out. That tree farm in Kalaheo is nice though. They'll have something I'm sure.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

The Kalaheo place mentioned above is Kalaheo Flowers.

Directions to it is as follows per The Garden Island News "...On the corner of Kaumuali‘i Highway and Pu‘uwai Road in Kalaheo is a hand-decorated sign attached to a fence across from Red Dirt Shirts that says simply, “Christmas Trees Norfolk” with an arrow pointing mauka. Signs along Pu‘uwai direct tree buyers to take a left on Po‘ohiwi Road. At the very end of the road is Kalaheo Flowers,...."

thegardenisland.com/news/local/finding-local…

The following link is contact info and hours of operations for Kalaheo Flowers so best to call if plan to stop:

http://www.kalaheoflowers.com/contact-us/

Another option is get a small pine from Kauai Nursery near Kauai Community College, if available. The above article suggest that also for local option.

Below is link for contact info for Kauai Nursery:

http://www.kauainursery.com/Contact.html

9. Re: X-mas tree dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 05:15