We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Finally home after a 2 weeks away from home.

A friend and I spent 5 days in Kauai before the scheduled week-long retreat in Oahu. The days in Kauai were languid,relaxed and certainly 'island time'. We drove on the 'wrong' side of the road - my friend had a few near miss yet the islanders were oh so patient with us! Loved the accommodation location we decided upon(Poipu area, Prince Kuhio) - those waves wld just lull us to sleep every evening. It was hard to leave Kaui.

We did the usual sights - Na Pali coast via a cruise, Spouting Horn, Puka Dog(delish!!), Allerton Gardens and more. The magic of Kauai is certainly nestled among the lush valleys, esp along the Waimea river.

A big thank you to everyone who have patiently answered questions and helped me put together our itinerary.

Mahalo nui loa. Until we meet again..

p/s : Happy to answer any questions that anyone wld have, esp those planning their trip fm Asia.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

We are heading there tomorrow! I would love to know where you ate and what you thought of it. Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Hello Lauralee,

We stayed away from meat as we were prepping ourselves for retreat. We ate loads of fish and veggie meals whenever and wherever we stopped . The places that we went back twice were : Puka Dog(inside Poipu village mall) and this Japanese restaurant in kapaa diagonally opp he ABC store there - the name just skips my mind now! Great fresh sushi and innovative maki rolls . Since we have a full fledge kitchen on condo, we cooked or had take out on some evenings.

Hope this helps :)

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,008 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Will you be posting about your retreat? That would be something different and interesting to read.

California
Level Contributor
36,048 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

<<this Japanese restaurant in kapaa diagonally opp he ABC store there>>

Sushi Bushido

Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Sushi Bushido! Tks Jebett!

Retreat -- as always, I come out recharged, refreshed and with clarity of directions and purpose. Highly personal experience so I won;t go into details.

What i can share thou -- is the wonderful spiritual day I had the last day in Kauai. After our puja session at the hindu monastry, we spent the next half day with Spirit of Kauai - a specialized 'outfit' which organizes energy vortex tours in Kauai. I came across their website while on a search to understand the rythem and energy in Kauai. Clearly for folks who are into energy space and work.

Mahalo!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

Sounds like you had a beautiful time on Kauai. Thank you for sharing.

7. Re: Home finally...& missing Kauai. Many tks everyone!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:16