We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

Aloha everyone reading this,

Janet, you have given me wonderful input regarding rentals on a previous post. I am wondering if anyone knows of a small cottage/bungalow that's more rural, on the west coast, on some acreage? Coco's B&B is booked but that's the right idea. Nothing too fancy just simple, clean, well equipped, sunny and peaceful. I guess our dream is that we can't see many neighbors. It doesn't have to be on the coast but cycling distance. Our budget is about $100 a night for the last 2 weeks of March.

Thanks kindly, Yvette

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I know the area where most of the rentals are located in Waimea and Kekaha - there really isn't anything there that you won't be within sight of anyone - the area is not a VDA (visitor destination area) and is primarily residential with neighborhoods of people who live there full time - everything that I am aware of is in a neighborhood of some kind - once you get outside of Kekaha you don't have any homes at all - just rural agricultural land and PMRF.

Too bad the Robinsons place is booked - that would have been nice.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

We have friends who rent the Fischer Beach House from Kehaka Rental agency. It's out of your range (and hours!), but they rave about the service/reliability provided. Never visited, but we were on for dinner until our grandaughter changed the date of her wedding...uh oh; better hurry & hit Submit before I drown the keyboard with tears.

Here is a link to the website; appears there are several houses close to your price target.

http://kekahaoceansidekauai.com/

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I am typing this as I am sitting in my truck at the beach at Kekaha - sun is just coming up....

The homes in the prior post are all lovely, but they do have other homes around them - just so you know.

So many great rentals right here along the ocean road and some side streets also - but all in neighborhoods of one sort or another.

Beautiful morning here in Kekaha!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

Mahalo Janet. It's wonderul to hear your enthusiasm and live vicariously through you enjoying that warm sunshine. I have given up on the rural idea. One has to dream. We are going to stay at Chuck's place in Kekaha. Sweet man. Probably not the most deluxe place but very affordable. Just a block or two from the beach. He has no pictures on-line but I'm goijg to trust my gut on this on. He was recommended by Mindy who also rents out her place in Kekaha. Her place was already booked. We are so looking forward to arriving. Meanwhile, it's a crisp sunny day in Vnacouver, around freezing and the trees, mountains, islands and ocean never end around here.

Enjoy the warmth, Yvette

5. Re: Rural Sunny West Coast Cottage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 06:18