We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Excited I had to share..

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
So Excited I had to share..

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your assistance via your posts on this forum!!! We have decided to visit Kauai instead of Maui and staying at Koa Kea instead of a large resort... So freakin' excited... Now to review all of the activities. :0)

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
813 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So Excited I had to share..

Maui is lovely and I will be there in late February. However, Kauai is MAGICAL and I go every year, at least once and will be there, again, in September. You will love it.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So Excited I had to share..

They are my 2 favorite places for different reasons. You could not go wrong. Enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So Excited I had to share..

I'm sure you'll love Koa Kea!!! We stay next door at Kiahuna Plantation every year and have enjoyed several excellent dinners at Red Salt, the restaurant at Koa Kea.

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So Excited I had to share..

Yes!!! The free breakfast and $50 resort credit sold me! :-) Not to mention the beauty of the location and the fact that more than 75% of the visitors are adult only travelers... Hubby and I have 3 kids and desire nothing more than to have an adult only vacation. :-)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So Excited I had to share..

Just be ready....although the Koa Kea will be adult oriented, kids are all over Kauai especially in the summer. You can definitely find quiet places to yourself, but during the summer there are a lot of kids....

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So Excited I had to share..

I am not concerned about kids all over the island... I just do not want to stay in a resort with a huge swimming pool and slide or with kiddy attractions. Since hubby is an educator, we can only travel in the summer and Christmas and those are family vacays...

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So Excited I had to share..

I can totally relate! My husband and I are both educators as well and sometimes you need to get away! I was just hoping you weren't getting the idea that there wouldn't be kids! Even when my kids are with, I don't like the kid magnet places. :) I like peace and quiet! Luckily I have mellow children. Have fun!

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So Excited I had to share..

Me too, Travelbugged4!!! We are pool rats, so we should be cool. Not to mention I do not see others, only my honey when we are on the island - HONESTLY!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So Excited I had to share..

You'll love Koa Kea! We stayed there during New Years holiday 2years ago and we loved it! We never saw any kids at the resort but plenty on the nearby beaches. The resort itself was quiet, peaceful, romantic and wonderful. Their breakfast is excellent too! But make sure you drive over to the north shore. The beaches there are the best in the summer months.

10. Re: So Excited I had to share..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:17