We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Tours - are they scary?

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ATV Tours - are they scary?

Already planning our next Feb trip and would like to try an ATV tour, but are they scary? Do you drive really fast over large boulders and take sharp turns and almost fall over, or is the pace pretty sedate and calm?

I admit I'm a chicken so ziplining and helicopters are out. Just to let you know how chicken, we rented seadoos in the Bahamas. The 2 guides told us to raise our arms if we got into trouble and they'd come over. Everyone took off way ahead of me and I was out in the open ocean (well, it seemed like the open ocean) all alone with my hand waving frantically in the air. It was very choppy. The guides were so far ahead of me, I couldn't even see them.

I turned back and headed for shore. With every wave I hit, I let the throttle off and had a little sob.

So should I try the ATVs or stick to snorkelling, kayaking and hiking?

Na Pali Catamaran
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching
st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV Tours - are they scary?

upper left, type in atv under search and see some past posts. various places do various things, most for insurance purposes are not going to do what you dread. As stated some have limiters or governors on speed. Try, do and have fun.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor