We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

This is the final entry to my blog for this vacation beginning January 18 to the 26th. It is super long cause I couldn't stop adding more and more photos.......Kauai was everything the regular folks on this forum gave me the feeling she would be. Truly wonderful! We very much enjoyed this visit and look forward to the next time we are able to visit.

http://letsgotohawaiiasap.blogspot.com

Take care, Deb

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Really enjoyed your blog and great photos !!!!

florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Enjoyed reading all your blogs with the pictures! We will be there the last week of May on the Northshore, and am trying to decide what is on our to do list... your blog gave me some ideas on what to see and do. Hope the time passes quickly for you until your next trip to Kauai.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Deb, I've really enjoyed your Kauai photo blog. The joy you and your husband take in being in Hawaii is in every frame. Thanks so much for sharing that joy!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Awesome trip report - you have transported us to the garden isle for a few minutes.

I like pictures especially where you show local stores, signs and other stuff that are not typically photographed.

I also take similar journalistic approach to my photography.

Coquitlam, BC...
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Great blog and photos! We enjoy a very similar style of vacation - laid back, no real plans on any given day, wake up and see which direction the sun is shining and head that way. Just 5 more weeks and we're heading to Big Island for a week (first time there) and then Kauai for a week (our 4th time there). I recognized so many places in Kauai that we've visited and it was so nice to see the pictures.

thanks for sharing your memories with us!

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Loved looking at your photos !

And what is it with people who sit next to you on the beach? The same thing happened to us (more than once). Next time this happens, I swear, I'm gonna say something. Either that, or I'll do a loud Steve Irwin impersonation with a thick Aussie accent, with lots of "crikeys" and "struth" and "mate" and "fair dinkum" thrown in. No one can listen to that for longer than about 5 minutes without going insane !!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,544 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

I so enjoyed all your photos . . .it was wonderful to escape to Kauai with you! :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Deb, I think I like the last picture the best! Okay, the sunrise ones are amazing, but I do like how you ended it. And managed to get a picture of the family doggie in there too!

Take care, Joan

Texas
Level Contributor
840 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

LOVE!!! I noticed things from your pics, I've never noticed when I am there! I could be so there with each picture. I am going to be like you on our next visit--my hubby is going to be shocked I know so many great places to eat/visit--all because of the wonderful ideas on TA.

california
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Last Blog Entry of our Winter Escape to Kauai

Amazing as usual! You bring me THERE!