We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blizzard and finding Nemo

California
Level Contributor
36,411 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Blizzard and finding Nemo

If you are flying in or out of Kauai and you are affected by the storm called Nemo (jeez who thinks of these names), the airlines are waiving change fees.

bizjournals.com/pacific/…

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

That is kind and reasonable. They never used to name winter storms. Think the Weather Channel has too much power. Reminds me to check and see where Jim Cantori is stationed for this one.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

No one wants to see Cantori in their back yard. TWC does love a storm no doubt.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

They have to. 70 and sunny all the time makes for boring tv :)

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

Sixteen inches of snow is a problem. Boston can handle that, with a thorn in its side. Thirty plus inches makes things way more interesting. Shut downs and problems for days. Saw Cantori and he looked worried.

Port Hope, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

We got a foot of snow today I am so glad we fly out Tuesday, all this mess should be cleared up by then!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

Having lived over 50 years in the NE before moving South, I do have to chuckle about some of the weather reports I've been hearing. A foot of snow is not a bid deal, even up to two feet in most locations, as it's happened many times before and will again in the future. It's a major hassle in cities because of the difficulty of plowing and removing the snow, but for smaller areas it should be dealt with pretty routinely. Navigating the supermarkets yesterday and early this morning with everyone trying to stock up was probably as treacherous as being out on the roads!

Will take several days to clear out the flight problems this will create all across the country but hopefully everyone will get to/from their destinations safely.

California
Level Contributor
36,411 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

I wish I could attach this entire very funny message about an irrate passenger at LaGuardia. He said, "I HAVE to fly out first class RIGHT now", to the United customer service agent as he pushed his way to the front of the line. He said "do you have any idea who I am"? The agent gritted her teeth and calmly got on the PA going all over the airport and said, "there is a man at gate 14 who doesn't know who he is. If anyone can help with his identity come to gate 14". At that time he said F*___ and she said, you'll need to get back in line for that too". Love traveling during the storm!!!!!! Be safe out there and smile!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

Jim is in Boston. If he ever shows up in my backyard, I will get the heck out! Heading to Kauai tomorrow, hopefully the Atlanta airport isn't full of stranded travelers

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

Jim Cantori live from the Big Chicken. That would be a laugh.

Edited: 10 February 2013, 05:40
10. Re: Blizzard and finding Nemo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:17