We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
694 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

For those who know can you advise if there are any places that serve good Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes. We are staying in Poipu. Usually eat early breakfast in the condo before starting our day but if there is anywhere that deserves a visit please post.

California
Level Contributor
36,651 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

This place isn't in Poipu but I think the pancakes at Ono Family Cafe with the hot coconut syrup is wonderful. Tip Top Cafe is good too. That is in Lihue. I am sure the Poipu lovers will tell you about any place in Poipu but if you are headed to the North Shore for the day, leave early and find Ono Family. Its a real local spot.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,812 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Ono Family Restaurant in Kapa‘a for sure! Having that HOT syrup on fluffy pancakes makes all the difference. Wanna see them?

https:/…OnoFamilyRestaurant02

3Chihuahuas

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Joe's on the Green has very good banana mac nut pancakes. Your choice of syrups.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,703 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Eggberts in Kapa`a.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

I forgot tyo say..... Joe's on the Green is in Poipu.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Joe's Banana Mac pancakes are excellent. I think I've tried them all on this island - Joe's for me has the best! Great view over the golf course to the ocean too.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Another vote for Joes on the Green overlooking the Kiahuna Golf Course.

As visitors our first breakfast morning was at Joes on the Green, sitting outside and letting the tropical sunshine soak in to let us know we really were back on Kauai. The early duffers were out on the greens, the small birds hopping around, clean , clear air, and one heck of a good feeling.

And, I would order the banana macadamia nut pancakes, two scrambled eggs and crisp bacon. I know, I know, but my excuse was, we had a active day ahead, and were not going to have lunch.

Now, all that being said.....if you should get up to the north shore, or those of you staying up there, the absolute super favorite delicious beyond all comprehension breakfast is the OVER THE FALLS at the Wake Up Cafe in Hanalei.

Those who have had it, will relate immediately.....moma come get your baby boy ! The call it french toast, but do not let that mislead you into mediocrity......this is a special , secret recipe that , as far as I know, does not exist anyplace else on the island, or maybe the world.

After breakfast at the wake up, we are off to hike Hanalei Bay Beach, or go kayaking, or some other fun activity that burns the Kcals.

Denny

Edited: 14 February 2013, 00:08
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Kountry Kitchen in Kapaa. For those in your party who do not do pancakes, or in addition to the pancakes, you may want to consider cheesy eggs [then double on your cholesterol meds :)]. It is a bit of a drive but you could combine the pancakes with a visit to the North Shore.

alberta
Level Contributor
229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Here's another vote for Joe's on the Green. The food was very good (although service was mediocre every time I've been) and the setting is lovely. It's so nice sitting on the patio in the morning sun. The birds can be quite comical there too. One day we saw the stuffiest, most miserable man and his wife sitting at their table not speaking to each other. A little red-crested cardinal landed on his plate while his head was turned and stole one of his potatoes and flew away from it. The miserable man just caught a glimpse as the bird flew away with his potato and he was furious. My husband and I had a heck of a time trying not to laugh out loud. Don't worry though, the birds aren't pesky.

I also second Eggbert's. I wouldn't go to Kauai without a couple of breakfasts there.

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Kountry Kitchen is also a great place if you like roaches. Haven't been in several years so don't know if they're still on the menu.