We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gonna be a long 7 months...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gonna be a long 7 months...

This is crazy:) I am addicted to TA and finding everything I can possibly find on Kauai.

Just had to post that...excitement is brewing.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
441 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

Same here. We've been to Maui, Oahu, and the Big Island, but not Kauai. This Dec. we are going to Maui, Big Island and Kauai. I feel clueless about Kauai still because I get so caught up in what I do know about the other islands and planning our visit there. I have bought the blue bible for Kauai, but just haven't found time to get immersed in it yet! When do you go???

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
115 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

I have to admit these boards are great! I started checking them out about 2 months ago, but have been an avid reader and poster over the last couple of weeks. I am down to waiting 3 days!!! I leave on Sunday for Oahu and Wed for Kauai!!!

WOOHOO!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

We will be there Dec 16-30.

Have a great time, Shortypots!

Rock Island, IL
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

Tell me about it. I just went to Kauai last January and booked for this January the week I returned. It seems like a ways away but it goes fast when you keep up and read a forum like this one.

Cheyenne, WY
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

Oh....those of us who can not get enough of Kauai! We went for the first time last October and started planning our next trip as soon as we got home. Will be returning in Sept. I can hardly wait. It seemed like such a long time when we booked our trip, but now it seems that it is almost here. To everyone who is going....don't forget to post your trip reports when you get home. Love to read about other's experiences.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,853 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

Yep, there I was yesterday . . . looking at the books on Kauai at Barnes and Noble . . . have I missed anything since the last time I was there or what hasn't been discussed and/or posted here on the forum?? Do I really need another Kauai book?? Or how I saw another woman w/the blue bible in hand, and I just wanted to start talking about Kauai, but realized she might think I was cracked?? Yes, I am addicted and find that excitement brewing as well. I think it's wonderful that we share a love of such a unique and beautiful place - we are so fortunate! :)

SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

We go back to Kauai in Oct. -- time will go by fast.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

LOL, I saw a guy at the post office with a Kauai jacket, it took all the will power I had not to go and start talking to him...

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

I love this forum too.

Just booked for March 07 and I'm as excited as if it was next week!!

This time we are bringing my son and his wife and I can't wait to show them everything.

Keep those trip reports coming--Even though we've been three times, I learn a lot from them!

british columbia
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gonna be a long 7 months...

aloha mzmmom.

The eight of us just returned from our first trip to Kauai on Sunday.

We all want to move there. We all wanted to stay for longer than the week. It was just that good. We had 3 adults, 2, twentyish adults and 3 teens- 17 and 18 &18. There was something for all of us to do and enjoy.

Some of the highlights were: the locals, the hotel staff, the beaches(too many to experience in 1 week), the malassadas sold in a tiny shack outside the KMart, the luau at the Aloha Beach Resort, the monk seal that slept on the shore at Tunnels Beach, a wide variety of cuisine. Stop at some of the old churchs and take peek inside. Buy fresh fruit from a roadside stand on your way up to the Lighthouse/ bird sanctuary.

We had awesome weather. The shopping is good for a discraction as well.

We didn't spend much on extra activities, like other people. If you rent a vehicle, which is a must, the entertainment can be all self directed.

Don't expect elaborate tourist attractions. The natural beauty offers so much.