We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

I made a blog for our latest trip to Kauai. This is my first blog so it’s not entirely beautiful in the formatting.

Some things for this trip and trip report-

I take a lot of photos, but I only included some here. I also didn’t take a lot of pictures of places we had been before several times. I wish I could have spent more time working on the pictures, but I tend to run out of time and then never get the trip report out.

I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and along with having four kids, we don’t eat out a lot. This was our first trip where we actually went to restaurants and I had to be gluten free. I was very pleased with the gluten free offerings in Kauai.

It was great being on our own time and doing the exploring. This was the first time I brought no guidebooks and had no plan.

I apologize if I made spelling errors, especially on the names of places.

And, the link drops you off on the last day of my trip instead of the first.

As always, we had a fantastic time, and feel free to ask if you have any questions!

http://annekem.blogspot.com

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Thanks for sharing your blog and pictures with us. When we were visitors we always stayed 1 week South shore and 1 North. So your plan makes sense to us.

Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

I agree with all of your observations!!!

California
Level Contributor
9,217 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Great blog and pictures! Thank you for sharing. We split our stay also--just can't bring myself to stay in one area when I love both of them so much.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Enjoyed your blog, photos, and love of the island. Thanks for sharing.

Chehalis, Washington
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Sounds like you had a great time. I loved your pictures. They were beautiful! What kind of camera do you use?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

I really enjoyed your blog and photos! Agree with everyone of your observations and love your travel style......coffee, dessert, easy-going, rambling around.....especially on the day that your only mission was to get bbq! Going home to the real world of my treadmill is a total drag. But like you said, I always know that.......as soon as possible and hoping life doesn't get in the way.......we will be back! Your photos were awesome but I really loved the cool, blue bike. My new motto is no guidebooks and very minimal plans........it's a fun plan, isn't it? Thanks for the trip report! Deb

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Thanks for sharing your blog and pictures. Glad you got to try Mediterranean Gourmet....we love that place and ate there twice last year during our 2 weeks on the north shore.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,846 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Mahalo for your Trip Report....I enjoyed reading it and seeing your photos!

It was nice also to meet you briefly after the torchlighting ceremony, I'm glad you enjoyed it and were able to make it!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

Thank you for the nice replies!

Yes, we had a fantastic trip, and I'm already wanting to go back! Coffee Junkie, I use a Canon 50D, and for this trip I only used my 28-135 lens with a polarizing filter.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 03:48
10. Re: Trip Report with Photos 2/26-3/6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:17