We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boar

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boar

Is Reggie still; there in Anahola selling and cooking????

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boar

Yep, still there. Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boar

To me it is better than ever! Not only does he bbq the wonderful wild boar, but his huli huli chicken is very good. Try the pineapple bread and other desserts his wife makes. If you haven't tried bbq bread fruit, ask him for a taste.

This is my go to place on a weekend now.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boar

You bet! And the wild boar is definitely a "must try"! They've been so successful, they expanded to Fri/Sat/Sun from the original weekend-only days!

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boar

I thought they were always Fri, Sat and Sunday. Oh well, doesn't matter, what does matter is if you are North Shore bound its fun to try. There is also a lady who sells her homemade jewelry, fresh fruits (and some cut up in his cooler to take to the beach, if it makes it that far) and across the street is a lady who makes beautiful leis. Reggie also has picnic tables to take your plate over to and sit and enjoy right away.Tell Reggie you read about his place on Trip Advisor! Reggie's wild boar was pzp's greatest find on the island when she moved there.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boar

Reggie started out a some years ago as just weekends. He added Thursday, Friday about 2 years ago, then cut back to just Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boar

Thanks Pam. I thought he "cut down" too.

He should cook MORE!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boar

The most annoying part of my having to drive to Anahola every Tuesday is that Tuesday isn't a "Reggie Day". The boar is soooo good!

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boar

There is always this Sunday, Mezzsop!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boar

I know, I know!! the drool has begun....

California
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boar

Both the chicken and boar are delish! I really enjoyed the potatoes too. There are red potatoes, correct? Or am I mis-remembering? The portion size is very reasonable for the price. It is a great addition to a prospective "places to eat while on Kauai" list.