We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,845 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

FYI... I get Parrish updates on Facebook. They sent out a posting with the newest safety video attached. I think it is great that many companies are jumping on board and getting the news out for safety. Hopefully people will keep watching!!!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Here's the link:

parrishkauai.com/blog/…

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

More from the newspaper:

http://tinyurl.com/d845kv6

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

thanks and mahalo to all of you for reminding us of this new video, as well as the article in the paper.

It is very basic and simple, and should be easily understood and comprehended while the visitors are waiting to retrieve their luggage from the baggage area at Lihue Airport.

If we can remember to post his every once in a while, perhaps, before their trip, some of the family leaders can sit everyone down and have a family viewing, and then discuss some of the ocean safety tips. It will have everyone at least thinking of being safe around the water when they are here.

Thanks also to Jim Saylor who we know from sailing with him , Dickie Chang, and the excellent tips from our highly experiecnced supervisor of Kauai's Lifeguards, and all of those sponsers who worked to bring the finished product to the visitors.

The theme also from the newsaper article is to have the rest of us also work at keeping our visitors safe. Maybe , just an aloha greeting , a smile and gentle reminder of dangerous conditions. Maybe pointing out long shore and rip currents and easily explain the dangers of being swept away. Or walking out on the rocks, etc.

Denny and Erica

Edited: 01 April 2013, 21:31
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Nicely done video. Glad they did it, especially after the deadly year Kauai has experienced lately. I loved watching it...can never get enuf of the beautiful scenery!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
786 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Thanks, hubby and I just watched it. Good info. and we got the Kauai beach guide app.

See you in May!

Patty

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,021 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Aloha,

Nice video.

Hoping that it will help

Aloha

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,814 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Nice video, thank you for posting the link.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

It would be great if these were attached to customer's email confirmations for their rental. And better yet if all companies did this.

California
Level Contributor
36,048 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

I am bumping up this thread as its getting to be that time of the year when we all need to be reminded of ocean safety especially on Kauai. Last year and early this year was a tough time with so many people being hurt or killed because they didn't understand the power of the ocean and rivers.

Please check out this video if you are coming to Kauai within the next 6 months. You will also see this video when you get your luggage and in some rental car agencies.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean safety video posted by Parrish

Good idea, jebett! I also posted the video on the top questions back in April.