We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

Aloha from Kaua'i!

With Kaua'i having such a horrible number thus far this year in terms of drownings, it is nice to be able to say that a new Water Safety Video is now installed at the baggage claim area of our airport.

thegardenisland.com/news/local/water-safety-…

Hopefully while people are waiting for their bags they will watch this.....it could very well save their life and/or those of their families.

A great addition to our airport!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

Good news! Hopefully some folks will watch.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

Hmm... I guess we should stop recommending people do carry on only - they need to run it at the car rental counters and resort lobbies too.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,792 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

And on the flights over.

3Chihuahuas

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

Thanks for the update Koloa Girl...

Also agree with showing it on the plane, as well as have it playing in the baggage area. A little re enforcement of an important message.

Also , some personal responsibility might be a good plan.....with sitting down at the family table at home and going over the fun things and activites with descriptions and photos in the UKG....and add in the Ocean and Snorkeling Safety tips at the same time.

Denny

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

This is a good thing. Give them a dose of reality right when they land. Probably sorely needed after months of looking at glossy advertising images of white sand beaches and calm water.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

In the plane before landing would be great.

Lots seem to be doing carry on

7. Re: Water Safety Video Unveiled at Baggage Claim....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:18