We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Aloha from Kaua'!

The Weather Service has Kaua'i currently under a Flash Flood Watch, please drive carefully if you must drive anywhere.

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for the islands of Kauai and Niihau until 6 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the National Weather Service in Honolulu, an approaching cold front will produce heavy showers and increase the potential for flash flooding over Kauai and Niihau.

A flash flood watch means that conditions may develop that lead to dangerous flash flooding. Remember that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for flash flooding to occur.

Heavy or persistent rains will cause streams to rise, even in areas where rain is not occurring. Heavy rain will also produce slick roadways and reduce visibility, making driving hazardous.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Thanks Janet. I read it is supposed to be in the 90"s after this cold front. Any truth to that ?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,032 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

cindy, I replied to you in the other topic ...

forecast for Poipu is a high of 81, so low 80ʻs. 90ʻs in April? No way. Theyʻre smoking something ...

I would not believe whatever weather service this is.

It may be muggy though, until the trades resume. There is vog predicted, although right now itʻs not looking like heavy vog.

Down south here on the Big Island, the temps have been in 70ʻs this month, maybe in the low 80ʻs on a very sunny day. Not even close to 90ʻs or summer weather ... and if we donʻt got, Kauaʻi sure donʻt got 90 degree plus temps.

Edited: 22 April 2013, 00:45
Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Actually, the sun is out here in Princeville this afternoon. Go figure. It is humid up here now and temps in the high 70's. Just as long as the rain does not do the downpour thing, it's fine.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,612 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

It's overcast here, but not raining. Not much breeze. Humid but not too awfully hot.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

We arrive Tuesday around noon. Planning to come see you Tuesday evening at the Hyatt, Janet! Praying for sunny skies! Soooo close :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Thanks for the good news Yall!! I figured somebody was smoking on that forecast

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Thunder and heavy rain this morning on the South shore today, so please be cautious when driving around the island today, we are still under a Flash Flood Watch until tomorrow.....

Malama Pono,

Janet

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

It's raining lightly up here at the moment. Darkest clouds are over the ocean. Was so surprised when I took the neighbors dog out for a walk last night, about nine, and the moon and the stars were bright as could be.

California
Level Contributor
36,470 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Looks like its coming. Flash flood advisory has been extended especially for Southwest coastline which expects heavy rains. It does look like the entire island will get hit with this storm.

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
735 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flash Flood Watch now in effect for Kaua'i until 4/23/13

Gentle rain in Princeville today (Monday).