We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

Will be flying from LAX to LIH on Saturday. Has there been any impact from the sequester on these type of flights?

1. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 19:06
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,389 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

We are heading over next month. I would love to know if there are any delays.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

Me too! We don't come until July so I am hoping for the best by then. Are arrival was already changed from 5pm to 7pm :(

Anyone?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

check the airline websites for your flight. They post the takeoff time and landing time in the flight check area of their websites so you can see what today's flight did in terms of takeoff/landing on time.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

There's some info on TSA wait times here:

http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/

And LAX current info here:

http://www.lawa.org/welcomeLAX.aspx

And Bureau of Transportation Status, you can find lots of info here:

transtats.bts.gov/OT_Delay/OT_DelayCause1.asp

This is good too for current info:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.do

Edited: 25 April 2013, 19:45
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

For those of you interested I will post how we do on Saturday.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

If it is a direct flight the only impact might be a slight delay in taking off. if you have a connection in HNL and are delayed then yes, it may impact you.

I think the biggest problems are being seen on the conjested east coast airports for the most part.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

Just flew out of LAX AA 265 dep 0900 . This was yesterday.

As far as I could see, all flights including ours were boarding on exactly on time. The aircraft were in the gates. All that was easy, including TSA, that had a line but it was freindly and fast moving.

We were buttoned up , hatch closed, everyone in their seats, awaiting push back. I would say that we had 15 to 20 minutes in delay for push back. Those narrow fariways, or taxi lanes from the gates are filled with incoming and departing airliers, so we had to wait our turn. But this is nothing new.

No one was worried or upset in the area that I was seated. Most folks were visiting with their new found seat mates, or their own family. The flight was festive and happy.

The AA cabin and flight deck crew were outstanding, and kept us informed or our landing time at LIH and the current weather conditions. The pilots greased on the landing at sunny LIhue.....

However, I do not know anything about other terminals, but if there were slow downs due to a reduction in force my guess would be Chicago, Dallas, Newark and JFK......but that is a WAG.

I did not personally hear of any problems with inbound passengers having bad situationss with connectiing flights , and people were walking at normal speeds in the terminal. No rushing or stress.

That departure was just one day ago.

Denny

Edited: 25 April 2013, 20:36
East Coast
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

Good News if you are flying out of the Washington area. No changes as they are exempting DC area airports from any sequestration.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 21:42
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sequester flight impacts to Kauai out of LAX

DC is not spared.

"Michael Huerta, head of the Federal Aviation Administration, told a congressional panel that the Washington region’s airports are spaced out enough and have enough spare capacity that furloughs to air traffic controllers won’t hurt as much here.

Read more: washingtontimes.com/blog/…ixzz2RW6UTLNl

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

It's just not going to have the effect it will have other places.

UGH -- didn't notice that was from the Washington Times. apols.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 23:28