We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR day 1

Nanaimo, BC
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
TR day 1

Flew Westjet from Vancouver yesterday. Pretty nice flight. I think I like flying with them better than Alaska Air which we usually fly.

I was up early today and spent some time sitting with my coffee on the lanai just taking the sights and sounds of Kauai. The little doves were cooing as the sun came up.

When DW finally got up we went for breakfast at Joe’s on the Green. Just as good as I remember. After that we went into Lihue for some supplies.

Got caught in the Kapaa crawl on the way home. I have no idea why everything slows down there and then just speeds up again when you get closer to Lihue. Weather was very rainy but it was warm and it was Kauai so it didn’t matter much. Nice to see some of the road work done that was underway the last time we were here.

Coming back into Koloa through the tree tunnel it was like another world. Left the rain behind and back into sunshine. We dumped our groceries and headed straight for Shipwrecks beach. I went in snorkeling for a hour or so and saw all kinds of fish… trigger, butterfly, trumpet, parrot, box. Even saw an Octopus but he wasn’t keen on me so he took off pretty quick! After a quick cocktail we went for a walk along the shoreline to photograph a few waves breaking on shore.

Here are a few photos.

http://lornecollicutt.zenfolio.com/p290159039

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR day 1

Nice! We went thru the Kapaa"a crawl too//luv your pics

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR day 1

Great trip report so far... lovely photos. Enjoy Kauai!!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR day 1

Thanks for posting and really looking forward to your next installment! Your photos are absolutely stunning as they have been in the past! Hope you and your wife have a wonderful trip!

Middletown...
Level Contributor
895 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: TR day 1

Great photos, hope your camera had some waterproof protection so we'll get to see some more!

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR day 1

So happy you're back! Now I get to enjoy more great pics and fun trip reports. Thank you!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR day 1

Where are you staying? And I love the path with all the greenery around it; where was that taken?

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR day 1

Snorkeled at Shipwreck? Were you by the cliff? Sounds interesting.

Texas
Level Contributor
856 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR day 1

Your pictures are wonderful!

Did you snorkel at Shipwreck beach? You saw a lot of different kinds of sea life!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
800 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR day 1

Nice pictures ! Love hearing the doves! We have a different kind here at home and it reminds me of the ones in Hawaii.

Snorkeling at Shipwreck ? I've heard barley able to go in the water.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Patty

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR day 1

Wow, I had no idea anyone could snorkel at Shipwrecks. Was it a calm day or are you a strong swimmer?