We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Island Inn??

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Island Inn??

Is this the Motel 6 of Kauai?? Just kidding we have a late flight and we will chill there on that awful day. Opinions??

Mahalo as always!!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Island Inn??

It's not a bad little, budget place to stay for a night. Close to restaurants and stores, and walking distance to Kalapaki Beach.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Island Inn??

Thanks Pam. We are only staying for half a day//Don't want to drive around allday//as we have to check out here at 10am. Forgot to make arrangements before we left.

Not bad $60.00 for half a day!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Island Inn??

I will post a report after I get over my depression and jet lag///lol

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden Island Inn??

don't cry cause its over, smile because it happened :)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden Island Inn??

If you plan on being out and about that last day and just using it to shower up before heading to the airport then it's fine. It's not a place that I would want want to be stuck at all day but that's just me.

If you plan on hunkering down and relaxing at a hotel and not driving around I'd pick the Kauai Beach Resort instead. Relax by the pool and dine there. Spend a little time being waited on and take it easy before having to head out for the long trip home.

Edited: 08 May 2013, 21:34
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden Island Inn??

Also, no pool there in case the idea of relaxing poolside sounds good.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garden Island Inn??

Howerver Kalapaki Beach is swimmable beach at KBR not really.

We stayed there last year after a few days at Poipu. But we had Sun check-out and we could save more than cost of room to fly out on Monday. We spent a pleasant afternoon at Kalapaki Beach, using some of loaner things the Inn had, like chairs and boogie board.

We go again next fall. have Sun checkout again and guess we will do the same

California
Level Contributor
37,626 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garden Island Inn??

They have a 1/2 day rate? That's not bad. I probably wouldn't have recommended it to you since your flight leaves at 8 and you need to get to the airport early etc, but for a 1/2 a day, $60 is good so you can rest, shower etc.

I am mad you are leaving too. Just when I get there you leave.....no fair!!! We needed our mai tais at Tahiti Nui with "George"!!! I am really pleased you got good weather this trip. Last year you weren't so lucky and you deserved to have it sunshiny every day.

Hope to see you there next year!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
619 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garden Island Inn??

It is fine for the day, the beach is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots to do cllose by the day will go by quickly.

Great place to rest and get ready for the flight price s good.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garden Island Inn??

Cindy, we did that once - and I wished we hadn't, to be honest. Not a great way to spend time when it was already so hard to think about leaving....

What about Kauai Inn? Close, but do have to drive to anywhere. It is beautifully landscaped, has a pool and gorgeous mountain views...a few poolside amenities.....I would go there in a heartbeat - a least for a short time like what you have. Just MO.

Gonna miss you without having even seen you this time!..ENJOY these last few days - they are YOURS!!