We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 2 - Beaches Galore

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Day 2 - Beaches Galore

The 5 hour time difference had me up yesterday at 4am, and again today. Oh well I'm in paradise, no complaints!

Day 2 was filled with beach fun and relaxation.

First was a trip to Moloa'a for the sunrise. Oh boy was this a treat. Gorgeous beach and a beautiful sunrise.

Since it was early we decided to make a dash to Ke'e for a morning of beach naps and maybe some snorkelling. We managed to get one of the last spots in the lot closest to the beach and it was only 8am. So go early! It was very cloudy and couldn't make up its mind on raining or not. We hung out on the beach and walked the shoreline while I tried to convince myself that I wouldn't freeze if we got in to snorkel, since it was cloudy and raining it was a little cool, I'm use to Texas heat! Finally braved the chilly water and air and snorkeled for a bit. Saw a lot of fish and even a lone turtle, felt like I needed hot chocolate afterwards but it was fun!

Next was lunch at the rental and then on to beach three for the day, Kalihiwai Beach. Loved this place, waves looked perfect for boggie boarding or just playing around. We stayed out as it was still a little cool for our preference. I enjoyed watching some local kids surfing, very entertaining. After a few cat naps and a walk along the beach we decided we needed to experience shave ice!

Since I was longing for some full sunshine we decided to go east. Grabbed the shave ice from Hee Fat in Kap'a. OMG I had the lava flow, pineapple, strawberry and coconut on top of Mac nut ice cream, oh dear was it good! We took our treat to Kealia Beach where it was a little sunnier. Since the sun was out and it was later in the day it was a little warmer so we got in and played in the waves for a bit. Another great beach for boogie boarding or just having a good time.

After that it was dinner at the rental, relaxation and lights out.

Today is our six year anniversary, not 100% on the agenda, but I know it will involve more trips to Kauai's beautiful beaches!

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

Happy anniversary !

Enjoy your day!

Thanks for the TR.

Patty

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

Happy anniversary! You are in one of the best places ever to celebrate with your fellow! I love that you do not know what your agenda is, but that it will involve beaches. Once again.......jealous! Have fun. Deb

Texas
Level Contributor
840 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

Happy Anniversary--I can't imagine a better way to celebrate!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

We celebrated 5 years last month.

Enjoy your trip and bring back some aloha spirit to North Texas for all of us.

california
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

sounds heavenly! Happy Anniversary!

6. Re: Day 2 - Beaches Galore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:17