We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you all SO much!

Santa Venetia, Ca...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you all SO much!

We just returned from Kaua’i (our first trip ever to Hawai’i), and I just wanted to express a big, heartfelt MAHALO to all of you.

I swear that I had intended to write a trip report each day but we had so much fun and were out-and-about so much that I rarely touched my computer.

With the help of tripadvisor reviews, and the fantastic community here on the Forums, our trip included …

- Stays at the Kauai Beach Resort, the Pali Ke Kua condos and the Grand Hyatt (long story short, we “had” to go to Hilo the day after we arrived, then come back to Princeville, then we extended our stay and so decided to go south).

- Napali Catamaran for an unforgettable trip up the coast

- Hideaway and Tunnels beaches and snorkeling

- the Kilauea Lighthouse (the cute, baby shearwaters!)

- the Kilauea Bakery (the coconut cream éclair!)

- Pono Market (NOM the poke!) in Kapa’a

- Hee Fat General Store (‘rainbow’ on mac-nut with coco cream!) in Kapa’a

- Sweet Pia’s (thank you, Janet / koloagirl!! The li hing mui ginger is soooo good. Did you know they’re closing at month end?)

- Koloa Fish Market (more poke!)

- Sueoka’s (more NOM!)

- Waimea Canyon and the lookouts at the top of Koke’e State Park (Pu'u o Kila!)

- Jo-Jo’s Anuenue (more shave ice – a #3 and a #4!)

- Kauai Island Brewery (the Kalo (taro) was odd to us, and the lines could have been skunky, but we liked the Wai’ale’ale Ale)

… and all in the six days after we came back from Hilo. Can you believe we didn’t rush? I swear it was all easy-going and mellow, with plenty of sun and reading time. (No beaches during the time we had in Po’ipu, though – we kept getting stuck by the Hyatt pool ;) )

We also learned some very important words: honu, nene, moli and ‘iwa, ‘apapane and ‘amakihi ;) (We also learned about coqui in Hilo, but what can you do?)

The weather was perfect, everything was an adventure in experiencing new things, and we are so grateful for the time we had on the island. It was a gift that we shall treasure.

Thank you all, for the learnings you have shared, and for the huge list of things we still want to do … NEXT time!

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Your spelling is fantastic!

Santa Venetia, Ca...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Did I do ok, RockyTopEngineer? I *tried* to double-check all my spellings. Thank you!

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
455 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Great trip report! Thanks for checking in. You provided some new tips for our next trip.

Santa Venetia, Ca...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Thanks, trixi =]

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Thanks for your report. You hit lots of our favorites.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

You are very welcome and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time here on Kaua'i!

"- Sweet Pia’s (thank you, Janet / koloagirl!! The li hing mui ginger is soooo good. Did you know they’re closing at month end?)"

I had heard that, and I'm making a note to go in and "stock up" on my favorite crack seed.....it is junk they are going to be closed because IMO you can't get that quality and variation of crack seed anywhere else but off island......ah well, my waistline will thank them at least! But I'll be going thru withdrawals! LOL

Mahalo again.....

Malama Pono,

Janet

Santa Venetia, Ca...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you all SO much!

Thanks, shantybob! Do you really sing shanties? I do! My fella and I are in a nautical/maritime music group so I'm curious =] If so, we should get together next time we're there and pass some oral/nautical/musical tradition around.

And Janet, I don't know whether to curse you or thank you. I've only been home three days and I'm regretting that I didn't buy more of the li hing mui ginger and the li hing mui cranberries!! ;)

8. Re: Thank you all SO much!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:17