We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Joy of Zip

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
The Joy of Zip

I would like to hear from any gals out there over 55 regarding ziplining. We are a group of friends, ages 55-65. I want to zipline when I'm in Kauai in September but I have to convince the others!

california
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Joy of Zip

When we go in June my in-laws (both over 60) and my grandmother (79) are ziplining. They love it. They are using Kauai Outfitters. It gets good reviews, on their review section as well as by regular posters on here and actually they have done it before when they came through on a cruise and liked it so much they are repeating it!

They are doing the Zipline Trek Nui Nui Loa course

http://outfitterskauai.com/

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Joy of Zip

Thank you! I bookmarked the site and will share with friends. BTW, your grandmother is a great role model!

arizona
Level Contributor
56 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Joy of Zip

Highly recommend Kauai Outfitters. I'm well into my 60's & thoroughly enjoyed it. The day I went, there were people in all age ranges and everyone looked like they were having a great time. Enjoy your trip!

California
Level Contributor
36,470 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Joy of Zip

I know you and I know your friends. You will love it!!! I did it a few years ago and at first it scared the pants off me (I don't do well with heights) but after awhile you want to go again and again. Its like a drug. Its so fun. Since you are staying on the North Shore, I thought, Princeville Ranch Adventures is the way to go. Why go all the way to the other side of the island, when you have a beautiful spot 10 minutes away.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Joy of Zip

I'm 52 and just did it in Honduras,. Loved it!! Was on my bucket list and glad I did it. There were older people who did it and everyone had a great time.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Joy of Zip

seaspirit: At the time of this photo, my wife was near upper end of age group you mentioned and had a fun time zipping about with our son at Princeville Ranch Adventures:

http://tinyurl.com/nzdssrn

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
809 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Joy of Zip

Thanks everyone for your replies...at least two of us are sold, one leaning, and one holding out! CTin AZ, I loved the photo, I will be sure and post pics. Joan, as always, you are right to the point and crack me up! I can just see your face the first time..LOL...It probably will scare the pants off me , too, but I'm more concerned with wetting them!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Joy of Zip

We went last year I am 60 and my sister in law is 69 and we had a blast. I am a Triathlete so things like this are normal for me but for her it was way out of her comfort zone but she loved it. We were by far the 2 oldest there and I think we had the most fun.

9. Re: The Joy of Zip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17