We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

Idaho
Level Contributor
547 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

Will be there in July and wondering which is best tour to take?

Wondering if the snorkeling is that good or should just go on a sunset sail?

Please advise. Thank you!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

tripadvisor.com/…48056829

this older thread may help you. I put "napali boat tour +hanalei" into the search box and dozens popped up. This one was recent but there are older ones with much info as well.

California
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

holoholokauaiboattours.com/kauai_boat_tours/…

We're going on this tour in July, but in the past have gone with www.napalicatamaran.com which I highly recommend. The snorkeling is okay, but the main reason to go is to see the Na Pali Coast. I think the morning tours are best.

California
Level Contributor
35,817 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

I enjoyed the snorkeling last year on the above mentioned Holo Holo trip. My biggest complaint was we didn't have enough time. Some people stayed on board and didn't snorkel but though it wasn't the Great Barrier Reef (and I have snorkeled there) there was a good variety of fish and a few turtles. I am certainly glad I did it.

It is true the main the reason is the fabulous scenery. Like on Facebook, Holo Holo. Every day they post the most beautiful pictures of their adventures. If you haven't booked yet, do so very soon. One July I waited too long and couldn't get a reservation.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

Another option from North shore area:

http://captainsundown.com/

san diego
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

We've seen the Napali Coast with several different companies. Our favorite, by far, has been Captain Sundown especially because of the sailing aspect. Young people love to lie on the trampoline nets in the bow.

We will use them again this August

Idaho
Level Contributor
547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

Thanks for all your posts! We will have to make a decision soon and your comments will help us.

7. Re: Coast tour leaving from Hanalei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17