We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning need some help please!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Planning need some help please!

Ok family of 5 arriving June 11 staying in princeville at Pali Ke Kua for 6 nights with our 3 kids 2 teens and a 9 year old then off to the Hyatt for 6 more nights. What do we do ?? Help

We want to hike, snorkel and kayak and the kids wang to Zip line ? Thank you so much in advance!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning need some help please!

http://www.101thingstodo.com/kauai/

Stick "top ten" into the search box -- there are many older threads where people list their favorite activities.

Check the Top questions threads in the right hand column -- e.g. "what are good threads to read to help me plan my trip" or "Free travel planners" or "Websites and links for ...."

Snorkelling will be good on the North side in June. Stick "snorkel" into the search box for older threads on the many places to go. Ditto zip lines.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning need some help please!

In addition to the suggestions above... I would also recommend getting a guidebook... Like the Ultimate Kauai guidebook (revealed series), or another guidebook.

You should also look at the "Things to do" tab on the top of the page on the main Kauai forum... People have reviewed different activities and also natural attractions here, and browsing through several pages will give you an idea of popular sights/ activities.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning need some help please!

This one will help too ....

www.spotlighthawaii.com/ebook/kauai/index.asp

And this is the official tourism website.

http://www.gohawaii.com/kauai

You'll love Kauai .... it is just so peaceful and so green.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning need some help please!

Thank you so much for the info will check out today! Do you think I need to make reservations ahead of time for zipping and kayaking trips?

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning need some help please!

While on the North Shore snorkel at Ke'e and Tunnels. Swim, surf, and SUP on Hanalei Bay. Kayak the Hanalei River. Go to the luau at Med. Gourmet on Tuesday night. Check out lessons and adventures offered by www.kauaiexperience.com Take a Na Pali tour. www.napalicatamaran.com ( Make res. asap)

On the South Shore boogie board at Brennecke Beach, explore Waimea Canyon, go to Maha'ulepu, enjoy the beach in front of the Sheraton. Check out the excursions offered with these companies:

www.outfitterskauai.com

www.kauaibackcountry.com

www.kiputours.com

As suggested get a guidebook for detailed descriptions of hikes and good maps.

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning need some help please!

Definitely make reservations for zipping.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning need some help please!

Yes, and if you want to make an early booking at Smiths Luau, do that too ... it was booked out for weeks when we arrived so missed out.

I can recommend a helicopter ride ... we did it with Safari and they were great. Doors closed too ... thank goodness .... there's no way I'd go in anything a metre off the ground with a door open.

Each to their own though. You don't have to pre-book a helicopter flight.

http://www.safarihelicopters.com/

We purchased a copy of the DVD of our trip ... the views are awesome over such a beautiful island.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning need some help please!

Thank you so much for the info will check out today! Do you think I need to make reservations ahead of time for zipping and kayaking trips?

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning need some help please!

I feel like you're not reading my posts : ( But I'd make reservations for zipping ahead of time. You probably won't need to for kayaking.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning need some help please!

Thank you so much for the info will check out today! And will make a reservation for zip line excursion.