We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Orange, California
Level Contributor
261 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

I called to ask for upgrade and they said they are full that week 😂so where should I ask to stay we are traveling with our Kids 9,13, and 17.

Thanks so much !

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

I don't understand the question. Do you already have a reservation at the Hyatt and are asking what particular rooms would be better suited for your family there or are you looking for another hotel/resort?

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

'm surprised you could book five people in one hotel room - usually max capacity is four. Reading back through your previous posts it appears we have given you plenty of advice on various properties around the island from hotels to condos, but you're not giving us sufficient information to help you focus - i.e., what's your nightly budget, do you want a condo or hotel, etc? I still think Nihi Kai Villas would be great - small pool but a short walk to boogie boarding at Brennecke's. If you are arriving June of this year, you may find slim pickings.

Texas
Level Contributor
841 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Did you pay for a pool view room? Those are very nice and would give your kids easy access to the pools. (The pools are incredible!). I think your only other choice other would be mountain view or garden view and I think those would be down grades over the pool view. They Hyatt is incredible--no matter what the room. Did they let you reserve a room for 5 people?

Orange, California
Level Contributor
261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Yes we did pay for pool view! We are staying the 1st 6 nights in a 2bedroom condo in Princeville at Pali Ke Kua :) Can't wait! Just was wondering if there is a certain part of the pool view area to ask for that is best for family's that's all.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

The Hyatt is a lovely property.

I suspect the OP has likely booked 2 rooms as the penalties are steep doing otherwise.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,300 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

I get the idea you only booked one room at the Hyatt? I can almost guarantee the Hyatt will not allow 5 people in one room, fire codes, etc....you may run into problems, especially with the pool access. Just sayin'

3Chihuahuas

Orange, California
Level Contributor
261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Our oldest daughter is flying home for another summer camp but thanks for the concern

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

We stayed in a ground level, pool view room one time. I loved being able to just walk out of the room through the lanai and access the pool area. It was at the top level of the Shipwreck's wing and back by the adult pool, so we needed to walk down to the pool where the kids could swim. I'm not sure if the "Pool View" rooms are all ground level (I suspect, Not). We did stay in another room on the Shipwreck's Wing on the 2nd floor that had a view of the pool. But in this case, we had to access the pool via the stairs or elevator. I guess you can put in a request but they cannot guarantee a particular room, or room type.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Thanks for the clarification.It was your mention of the 3 kids(9,13,17) in the OP that lead to the query.

That sure must be one special Summer camp!

Safe Travels

Orange, California
Level Contributor
261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 nights at the Hyatt in a pool view room?

Yes it is ! Thank you!! Aloha