We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

4 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Hello! My fiancé and I are eloping to kauai with our 10 month old baby. We're officially getting married in the courthouse but taking pictures on the beach August 3rd. I would like to get my hair and makeup done that morning but can't afford to pay an arm and a leg! Does anyone know anyone who is good at what they do, but doesn't charge a fortune? I'm looking for something around $100 all together. Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Try Megan Mendoza at Studio 203. 808 635 5090

No idea what she'd charge but if you come to her in Lihue, you might get close to that number. That studio is very close to the Courthouse(s). I assume you have to go to the new one

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I have no idea what part of the island you are staying on, but a local salon here in Koloa (Po'ipu area) is very reasonable and she is used to doing hair and makeup for weddings on the beach.

Waiohai Hair Salon (not at the hotel!)

Amy Galante

808 742 9551

Located in Old Koloa Town across from the Post Office.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Megan is VERY expensive. Sorry, Dave.

Christy at The Lab in Kalaheo (808-332-5653) used to go all over the island doing brides - I think she now only does south shore or maybe just in her salon?..not sure...but she has doable rates and is wonderful! She is highly recommended and I personally think she is excellent.

Also, Tami at the Glam Shack...808-652-5867..has her own small salon right in Koloa. She worked in the Hyatt salon for years doing brides and now has her own place. I can't find her rate card right now, but she is very good. Give either of these two ladies a call and talk with them. I would bet they can come up with something that would work for you and them.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

The Glam Shack that mezzop mentions has an internet site that includes "services and prices":

http://www.theglamshacksalon.co/default.html

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Awesome! Thank you so much! :)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Just a note to say that the prices quoted on the "Glam Shack" are comparative to what the Waiohai Hair Salon charges.....in fact she used to work there for a time. Waiohai Hair Salon's owner, Amy Galante has been doing hair here in the Po'ipu area since prior to Hurricane Iniki in 1992, in fact her first salon was located at the old Waiohai, which went down in the Hurricane, hence the name, even tho' she is in Old Koloa town now.

Here is a link where people (a lot of beach brides) talk about their experiences with her:

www.yelp.com/biz/waiohai-hair-salon-koloa

As a sidenote, I've been going to her since I moved here 15 years ago as well!

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: Inexpensive wedding hair and makeup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16