We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is late May/early June busy?

Kenosha
10 posts
Save Topic
Is late May/early June busy?

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Kauai next year May 27th-June 10. Is this considered low season, or will there be a lot of tourists. Thanks for your help!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We don't really have a "low" season here, since there are seasons for everyone (snowbirds, people without kids, people with kids, etc, etc.).....but the time of year you mention isn't as busy as it is now for instance, when the kids are out of school on the mainland and families tend to come here.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kenosha
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

Thank you so much!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

The numbers of tourists is starting to creep up towards the June portion of your trip as schools are beginning to let out for summer. You should see a good difference in this as your trip gets towards the end but the beginning of your trip is a lower season. May is typically lower than most months which is why many homeowners associations choose it for their meetings and resorts offer better deals for conventions. But you wont see the numbers that you'd see at the height of summer.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

We have low periods in late Sept into Oct and then to before Thanksgiving. Maybe a bit again in April into early May.

But Memorial Day weekend is busy. Not as busy as July, but not quiet either. This year the roads were crowded and the resort people I talked to said they were busy.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

We usually go to Kauai right around that time and last year we had to go a couple weeks later and found it to be quite a bit busier. We'll probably be there next year the same dates you are looking at since we really like that time of year there.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

We always travel to Kauai in June, usually as soon as the kids are out of school. We've noticed that the island gets busier as more schools let out for the summer into June.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

I love my children and grandchildren. But kids under about 37, make anything seem more crowded. It's why February seems less crowded than schools-out-June. The numbers might be similar - but the volume is lower.

Kenosha
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

We always used to travel during the month of September, so we're a bit spoiled with the lack of crowds during that time. I've heard that Kauai never feels super crowded tho, so hoping that's true!

Edited: 10 June 2013, 02:49
Kenosha
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

Thanks for all your reply's!

California
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is late May/early June busy?

That time of the year is soooo nice!

It is a bit "off season" but not empty of tourists. Most people really start to load those planes early June to mid August. July to me is high season. The increase of tourists to the island has gone up, but it is not Oahu. You won't have issues with rental cars or finding a nice place to stay, but you will see airfares creeping up after mid May.

Kauai will not feel crowded the end of May.