We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Over New Year's

new york
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather Over New Year's

Thinking about planning a trip to either the Marriott or Grand Hyatt from 12/30-1/6. I see the average weather can be in the low 70's. Knowing that a 70-degree day can feel different depending on location, wondering if during this time if it's typically warm enough for all the outdoor activities (pools, ocean, etc)?

Maybe a silly question, but want to make sure before booking flights & hotels.

Thanks!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Over New Year's

Coming from NY, you'll be fine.

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Over New Year's

To be safer choose The Hyatt, besides its nicer.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 06:43
Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Over New Year's

Our first trip here was between Xmas and over New Years. We were able to pool it, beach it, etc. Staying on the South shore allows you calmer ocean access.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Over New Year's

We've been going to Kauai during NY's time frame for...lost count. Anyway, traveling from San Diego to Kauai anytime of the year is good so I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the weather coming from the East Coast during the winter months.

Yes, Hyatt is nicer but if you're referring to the Marriott in Poipu, the location is better for NYE festivities. We generally like the north shore better but for the last few years have been splitting our stay between the 2 due to better wether. But the waterfalls in NS are spectacular and the surf is impressive!

new york
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Over New Year's

Thanks for all the help...went a long way to increase my confidence in booking!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Over New Year's

It's summer year round there for the typical vacationer. Seems to agree with all of the tropical foliage and flowers that fluorish year round. Average daytime temps in Poipu about 79-81 in December. People swimmintg year round and the popular beaches are busy even at that time of the year. Hope you aren't wondering the same thing another poster was a few months back...... if the trees lose their leaves in the Fall. Just kidding. I know you're not. I just found that extreme and funny.

7. Re: Weather Over New Year's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:18