We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls & a romantic dinner near the beach

California, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Waterfalls & a romantic dinner near the beach

Hello-

My family and I will be traveling to Kauai in 2 weeks, staying at the Outrigger Waipouli. We will be there for my uncle Richards memorial. I've read about many things to do in Kauai that should entertain my family for the time we're there. We'll have a rental car so we'll be able to travel around the island.

Can anyone recommend a small waterfall pond for us to swim in? That is something my wife would really like to do. We understand the risk of leptospirosis.

Also, can anyone recommend a nice place to have dinner on or near the beach for my wife and I? I read about Tide Pools in the Grand Wyatt in Poipu but I'm also looking for more options.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Waipo’o Falls
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Waterfalls
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfalls & a romantic dinner near the beach

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Uluwehi Falls, also known by its caucasian name, Secret Falls.....is about the easiest one I can think of to recommend to you. You can reach it by kayaking up the Wailua River, either by yourselves, or with a tour company that will take you there.

The vast majority of waterfalls here are on private land and not accessible to the public, so Uluwehi Falls is one that you can get to comparatively easily....the other would be Hanakapi'ai Falls, which you reach via the Kalalau Trail on the Na Pali coast....it is a 8 mile roundtrip on a moderately difficult trail though, so depends on your level of fitness and interest in a hike of that distance as to whether that is what you are looking for.

"I read about Tide Pools in the Grand Wyatt in Poipu but I'm also looking for more options."......Tidepools restaurant is very nice at the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i, but it does not have any type of ocean view (it is closeby the beach however)....if you want an ocean view, I would look into The Beach House Restaurant, which is hugely popular here and which sits right on the water with great sunset views.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 28 June 2013, 03:09
Mentioned in this post
Kalalau Trail
Kalalau Trail
1,577 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfalls & a romantic dinner near the beach

Tide Pools at the Grand Hyatt is very nice. Other options to consider are Red Salt at Koa Kea and Beach House Restaurant with great sunset views.

3. Re: Waterfalls & a romantic dinner near the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:17