We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Here is a link to a few (70) pictures we took out of the 500+ (best viewed via slideshow option).

s67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/mrfootball/

You can find my trip report somewhere on these Kauai forums.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Great pictures.

BTW, "the bird of unknown species" is a Brazillian red cap cardinal.

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Thank you Bill

I suppose that I could look them up, but if you know the species of the other birds (minus the rooster) I would be interested to know.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,558 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Mr. Football - what a great way to begin my morning - even put on Hawaiian music to watch your slide show. The water looks so wonderful and I love the sights around Hanalei - even my favorite shave ice place - my fav was the Haena sunset w/macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom. Mahalo for sharing your vacation with us! :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

The green bird is, I believe, a Rose-ringed Parakeet or something similar, an escapee gone feral. The "booby" is a Common or Indian Myna. The red bird on the lanai is an Eastern Cardinal.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Thanks for the shots! Did you enjoy your Na Pali Catamaran

trip? We have booked with them too for next week.

Kim

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Kim-for me, the Na Pali Catamaran was one of the highlights of our trip (see my trip report).

Another note on our trip: This trip was for my oldest sons HS graduation trip. I gave him a few options of where we could go and he really didn't care where I picked. Before we left (after months of me researching and planning Kauai) he asked if he had chose FL (Disneyworld, relatives, etc.---we have been there many times and we are now going for Christmas 06) would I have gone there and I said wherever you wanted. Anyways, after the trip EVERYONE in our family of five loved Kauai and are so glad we went there and EVERYONE wants to return . . . soon.

Enjoy your trip!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

great shots - thanks for sharing. I LOVE the one from the lookout (I think its at the end of the canyon) where the blue water and blue sky just fade together! I have a shot just like this (predigital) from almost 10 years ago!

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pictures from May 30th-June 6th Trip

Excellent pictures mrfootball. I especially liked the Na Pali cave shots--can't wait to see them in person!