We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

Considering a Zodiak tour, I am a fit 50 yr old woman, how rough are these tours? I don't want to spend the rest of the day in pain, as another tourist has suggested.

Thanks for your input

California
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

My back still hurts and it was 15 years ago!

No really, it just depends. I prefer middle of the road. Not super slow and not bouncy. Check out Holo Holo Rigid inflatable tour out of Hanalei.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

We considered the zodiak too, but ended up with a larger boat with shade....this was in September and I figured it was just too long a time in the sun. Something else to consider, getting fried and/or baked in the sun just didn't seem the way to go....

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

holoholokauaiboattours.com/boats/napali_raft…

We went on the Napali Snorkel Adventure with Holo-Holo a few days ago and had a blast. We got to go in the caves twice, saw lots of dolphins and turtles, and had a great time snorkeling. The ride back was better than any at Disneyland! My grandsons, 10 and 12, and I loved it and definitely want to go out with them again.

This is my new favorite trip from Hanalei (same one recommended by jebett). We did the Zodiac about 10 years ago; it was fun at the time, but it was very rough. Holo Holo is a nice compromise.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

can you take your nice camera on the boat? Thanks for the great tip! Just looked them up!!

California
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

Yes, everyone had cameras, and they do provide you with a dry bag.

California
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

Does the tour has a pick up at the North Shore?

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

We just did the zodiac North Shore Charters tour last Sat afternoon. I am 72 and the wife is 53, and it is the only way I will tour the napali in the future. They said it was a very calm day for an afternoon, but there were still some good waves. You do sit on the edge of the raft and have to hold on tight to the rope. But it was not uncomfortable. We went into five different caves, and the highlight was going through the horseshoe shaped lava flow very fast. It was awesome. There was one time we were going about 40 mph skipping over the waves. The snorkeling was also great. My hands were kinda tired at the end of the tour but not my back or butt. But it was a real adventure.

California
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

The Holo Holo tour and Na Pali Catamaran both have meeting places in Hanalei. They take you in a van to the river where a small boat takes you out to the bigger boat in the bay.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

Bottom line up frant - unabashed North Shore Charters fan. Everyone has a favorite.

Meet in Kilauea, launch from Anini Beach. Gary West and his sister are first class. Loads of fun for all. My spouse and I last rode 2010 at age 61 - ride was great. One of us is not a fitness buff. That's all I have to say about that. No aftershocks to the spine, neck, etc. The rigid-hulled inflatable is the absolute best way to tour the Na Pali Coast. Way better than a power catamaran.

California
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zodiak tour of the Na Pali Coast

22kauai...I am so glad you like Holo Holo's tour. Did you like it better than Napali Cat? I just had a guest of mine go out yesterday on Holo Holo and they said it was the highlight of their trip. I am so glad you all enjoyed it.

I am all about the compromise!