We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Today was another fabulous day! A lot of exploring and fun. We are busy these first few days and then we will slow down and just relax more on the north shore. Those of you who know my blogs also know I am itching to snorkel....when we hit the north shore! The south swell is not meant for snorkeling down here- saw a couple people trying by the Beach House. Here is day 2!

…wordpress.com/2013/07/11/b-n-bha-day-2/

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Wow beautiful photos!! Sounds like you had a lovely day. Keep enjoying!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Loved your blog

Texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

As much as I love Polihale, it does feel good to be back to paved roads. Would you go back to Polihale? You all just look like you are having a great time. I love all those smiles. Hope today is even better!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,683 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Another gorgeous day on Kauai! I'm bummed I ignored the turn to Koke'e State Park, but won't make that mistake next time. Beautiful shots at Polihale Beach! I like your logic about deciding to head down that road and look forward to seeing it in person. We'll be in a small car.....lol! I'm looking forward to hearing about your photography tour! Have fun! And thanks for the trip report. Deb

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,223 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Ahhhh.... those smiles tell it all! And gorgeous photos too! It makes me wish we could visit Kauai this summer instead of next spring!

Hey, be sure you are getting your sleep! We will understand if you you miss a day blogging and catch up later - understand and be just a little disappointed! :-) Can't wait to see the shots from your photo tour!

Edited: 11 July 2013, 14:41
wellington, fl
Level Contributor
171 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

I love your blog...the photos really make it...thanks for taking the trouble. Anxious to hear about the photography tour as we are planning to take it in Dec. I read that the folks who run it are great.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

Betty- I am not sure I would go back...maybe if we were showing someone again. I think the beach is beautiful, but I like to jump in the water!

Deb- the 2 people following us we in smaller cars and nervous too. The bad thing is the unknown...as the sand kept getting deeper, you didn't know what was coming next. Luckily the worst was manageable, but if you ran into more, it wouldn't be good! Just don't stop when in the sand. I just made sure I had a bit of speed and went for it. :)

Teri- LOL...I'm getting sleep, but up early again! I'm still on MN time (my body anyway) so trying to stay awake until 10... But it's hard! I don't mind waking early and watching all the colors change outside. It's so beautiful!

Gypsy- this will be our 3rd tour with them. They are great! It's fun to hear background info to places and you really do see places that you may never go on your own. I'm excited for today to sit back and enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

My problem with Polihale is there is so little shade. I know this makes locals really nervous, but when we were there in April, we were able to get in. We are very cautious, so it was safe. The water was luscious. That's the only way I can describe it! Such a great time and memory. My DH loves it there and doesn't mind the drive, so I suppose we will go every chance we get.

Are you taking the photo tour soon? We did that a couple of years ago--it was fun--but you are already a great photographer! They will probably take you some beaches you wouldn't see otherwise (and then you can go back whenever you want :)). Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

Awesome blog.

Thanks for sharing the whole experience.

We went to Kokee lookouts on sunny day but they were fogged out.

Looks like you had an early start to see these views.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 2 on Kauai

From your photos, your aunt and uncle still got to see the incredible colors that run rampant up in Waimea! I'm glad. You never know with cloud cover up there. Funny - I always have that ridge of red dirt showing in my photos from the very top, too.....lol

Every time we head out to Polihale, I'm sure we will get stuck and my DH just says "whatever"...and so far it has never happened! But each time, I'm so sure.....

It is a highly enjoyable blog. Thank you!