We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daycare drop ins?

4 posts
Save Topic
Daycare drop ins?

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good daycare that did drop ins? I've tried to research it and have found that people can come to our resort while we're here, but was wondering if any daycare facilities do a drop in for a day or two. Our daughter is 9 months!

1. Re: Daycare drop ins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 18:05
2. Re: Daycare drop ins?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 18:05
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daycare drop ins?

We've used Happy Kids Kauai several times and loved them. They come to your location and all of their nannies are trained in CPR and First Aid.

http://www.happykidsmaui.com/

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Daycare drop ins?

Wow, super unhelpful answers. There is nothing wrong with you wanting to do that. A babysitter coming to your hotel is also a stranger, but with access to your personal belongings. There is more accountability in a day care, and they should have age appropriate toys and activities for your baby that you probably couldn't pack.

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daycare drop ins?

I do not believe there is a drop in kind of daycare on the island for visitors. This topic was brought up a few years ago. If you stay at The St Regis or Hyatt there is such a program but not for 9 month olds. I would look into hiring a private babysitter.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daycare drop ins?

The babysitting services on Kauai are all licensed and insured. Also, in our case, our children felt more comfortable staying at our lodging while being watched versus going to another strange place. And as jebett mentioned above, there are no drop in kinds of daycare services on the island. IMO, hiring one of the licensed and insured babysitting services is a better option. We are still friends with our first Kauai babysitter though she is now living on the Big Island with her family.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,939 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daycare drop ins?

We have a licensed daycare in our area that will take drops in and I am sure a few tourists do take advantage of that. I would feel more comfortable myself dropping a child off at a licensed daycare center with multiple staff than having someone come to my rental but that would be my personal preference. Good luck! :)

8. Re: Daycare drop ins?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17