We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

chicago
Level Contributor
232 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

Has anyone taken the Island Helicopter tour that lands at the foot of the Jurassic Falls? It's very pricey but I think it might be worth it to get out of the copter and actually see something. If you have any other ideas please let me know. I'm not arriving until mid-September but I'd like to make some reservations. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

I took a tour with a different company (Blue Hawaiian). The Jurassic Falls tour is pretty pricey, since you're paying to land on private property. All the other helicopter tours will circle over the same falls but not land, so you'll have half the same photos. (All the trips go counterclockwise in pretty much exactly the same routes around the island.)

If its worth the money to say you did the Jurssica Falls trip, go for it, but I don't think you'll see much more than you could with a regular trip and a couple of short hikes in Wiamea Canyon.

Bottom line--you can't go wrong with any Kauai helicopter trip; its just a question of how big a hole you're willing to burn in your wallet.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,204 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

It's a HUGE price IMHO. Is it worth it, can't say. Another idea that I can definitely recommend is Wings Over Kaua‘i. Family run with terrific people. I'd never been in a small plane, loved it - it was like floating and very quiet...the helicopters are noisy.

http://www.wingsoverkauai.com/

Kaua‘i from the air is beautiful regardless of how you see it!

3Chihuahuas

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

If you've never stood near the base of a waterfall (many that you can reach yourself around the world) it may be worth it. Considering it's well over a hundred dollars extra per person it's definitely not worth the price. That said it is something you'll most likely remember for a long time. Totally up to you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

Yes it's pricey in comparison to the other tours but if it's not going to break the bank then I say go for it. It sounds like you're 90% decided so just go ahead and make the reservation.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

My wife is huge fan of Jurassic Park.

But I did not know about this on my last trip so if budget and time permit I will go for this on my next trip.

chicago
Level Contributor
232 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

Thanks all! You're all kinda on the same page with this one. $$$ Maybe we should pass. However, is there anyone out there who actually took this tour?

California
Level Contributor
35,250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

There are 305 people that can tell you about their experience here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60623-d5261…

8. Re: Jurassic Falls Helicopter Landing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:21