We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

Williamstown NJ
Level Contributor
351 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

We will be arriving on Kauai this Monday 8/5 around 520pm. We are leaving Philadelphia Airport 7am, and making connections in Phoenix and Honolulu and will be tired and our body's still thinking it is 1130pm east coast time. We will be picking up rental car and then going to our Bed and Breakfast in Kawai.

We like any recommendations for a economical place to grab a quick bite to eat or get take out to bring to our BB on the way from the airport around 6pm. Nothing too fancy, I'll think we will too tired to appreciate.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

If you have time, maybe Honolulu airport.

Williamstown NJ
Level Contributor
351 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

I am looking for a place in Kauai to eat and not airport food

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

Where is the B&B located?

Williamstown NJ
Level Contributor
351 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

Marjories in Kawai

California
Level Contributor
35,791 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

You'll be heading south so you have a few choices right near the airport.

1. Duke's Barefoot bar, Kauai Pasta, Kalapaki Beach Hut to name a few. There is even a KFC close by, but the advice to grab something at the HNL airport is a good one. You will most likely have the time.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

It's is in Lawai Valley. Very near where I live.

Take-out at that time of night - you will drive by KFC, McD's and Pizza Hut on your way out of Lihue. Right across the street from McD's is Kauai Pasta - they are good.

There just isn't a lot in Lihue, unless you want to drive down to the harbor. Then you have Dukes (will take time) or Kalapaki Beach Hut, Splash, Kalapaki Joe's. It would be nice to get a bit of view and you would there! The fish markets, etc are closed by then. Mark's Place in Puhi is open until 8p.m. Plentiful local food to go. Easy to find and in this direction.

My best suggestion would be to get to your place, unload and then go up the highway - 1 mile - to Kalaheo and get something from Brick Oven Pizza or Pomodoro. Too bad Kalaheo Café is closed Mondays.

Not the most Hawaiian introduction to your vacation, but nice easy access when you are beat. And very close to your B&B

Now, if you were to decide to run over to Poipu, which is an easy 5-10 minute run down Koloa Road from where you are, there are more choices - and you will feel like you have arrived!! Maybe call Marjories and ask what they typically recommend their guest to do. It's just an awkward neck of the woods until you have found your feet and know where things are. Kalaheo also has Pizza hut and No1 Chinese BBQ - cheap.

I MUST be missing something - too early in the day - but these are all I can think of right now.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,378 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

Marjories Kauai Inn is in Lawai.

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
35,791 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

What I have done is called ahead to Kauai Pasta and grab and go. They give large servings and I'm not ashamed to say it tasted just as good for breakfast the next day.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
813 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

If you're in the mood for mexican, Da Crack in Poipu is on the way. Had some time to kill before leaving on a redeye last trip, so on koloagirl's recommendation we gave it a try. Took it down the road to Poipu Beach Park and had one last oceanfront meal - huge burritos, pretty good & inexpensive (thanks, Janet!).

10. Re: Recommendation for quick bite to eat on way to Bed/Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16